OT: College hoops legend Jim Calhoun eager for new challenge at D-III (ProJo) | The Boneyard

OT: College hoops legend Jim Calhoun eager for new challenge at D-III (ProJo)

Reaction Score
Kevin McNamara: College hoops legend Jim Calhoun eager for new challenge at D-III

>>It's no surprise to anyone who's worked in Jim Calhoun's orbit for the last 40 years. Deep down, Calhoun has hoops running through his veins. He loves to talk basketball, watch basketball, breathe basketball. Beginning next month, he will be back. The University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford is admitting men for the first time and is looking to ramp up its athletics as quickly as possible. Hiring a Hall of Famer to coach basketball can only be described as the school's first coup.

So when school opens, Calhoun will leave Point Judith, pack up the Green Hill house and shuttle between his longtime home in Pomfret, Conn., and an apartment near the Saint Joe's campus. He says he can't wait for practice to start in mid-October.<<

>>Now that Calhoun fire is coming to a Division III gym near you. He says he watched over 60 prep and high school games last winter, scouring the Northeast for talent. Instead of battling Syracuse and Duke for the next Andre Drummond, he needs to find the right mix to baffle Johnson & Wales, Albertus Magnus and the rest of the leaders in the Great Northeast Athletic Conference.

Kids used to getting calls from Wesleyan, Eastern Connecticut and Mount Ida now have a Hall of Famer on the line. The old coach says he’s even getting used to sending texts.<<

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow, I had no idea he was in Green Hill. He's stalking me. Wonder which house is his. I must have passed it dozens of times last week.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I assume he sold Madison.
Yes. I just learned that recently, too. I'm guessing two years ago when the article says he got the beach house in Green Hill.

Funny, every summer I comment on how many more CT license plates there are there. I'm guessing it's almost 60% CT people in that neighborhood now. Saw lots of Husky t-shirts, stickers on cars and at least one Husky flag on a house.

Who's playing the Pt Judith course??
@mauconnfan has a place in Matunuck; guessing he will find his way onto that course ASAP!

C

Chief00

Wow, I had no idea he was in Green Hill. He's stalking me. Wonder which house is his. I must have passed it dozens of times last week.
Close to TB12’s sister.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom