OT- classy sports moment | The Boneyard

OT- classy sports moment

Reaction Score
Not at all surprised that Doc did that. Great coach and a great person who has always acknowledged greatness in players regardless of what team they play for. Class move by Doc.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I heard about it on Le Batard and they said it was awkward to have Doc begging them to give Dirk the ovation. Not really the case after seeing the clip.

Reaction Score
Dirk has been coy about retiring. Is that because he is and he doesn't want the attention, or because he may genuinely come back for another year?

I imagine he might have fun playing with Doncic and a healthy Porzingas.

I mean, he's not good anymore, but now that he's healthy-ish he's a serviceable-ish backup 5. Why not come back?

I mean, I appreciate what Doc did...if he knows it's the former. If it's the latter, or if Dirk is genuinely unsure, I do feel like we should let the man make a decision on his own.

Reaction Score
Doc is a good guy. I remember watching him in person play for the Knicks in the Garden. He fell that night and banged his face into the hardwood shattering his front teeth. It’s an image that I can’t erase. Glad he had such a successful coaching career.

Reaction Score
Dirk has been coy about retiring. Is that because he is and he doesn't want the attention, or because he may genuinely come back for another year?

I mean, he's not good anymore, but now that he's healthy-ish he's a serviceable-ish backup 5. Why not come back?

I mean, I appreciate what Doc did...if he knows it's the former. If it's the latter, or if Dirk is genuinely unsure, I do feel like we should let the man make a decision on his own.

He hasn't announced anything or made a decision but I think he said something to the effect the fans are making the decision for him

Reaction Score

This is it, Dirk isn't one to do the Jeter/Papi retirement tour.

Reaction Score
This is it, Dirk isn't one to do the Jeter/Papi retirement tour.
I figure this is the case. I mean, he's German. But I do want him to have the opportunity to play with Doncic and Porzingas for a season if he wants to. He's earned it.

Reaction Score
I figure this is the case. I mean, he's German. But I do want him to have the opportunity to play with Doncic and Porzingas for a season if he wants to. He's earned it.
He's my favorite athlete ever, I would love to see it too but the legs are giving up on him. He's a really special player and person, going to be sad when he takes his final jumper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom