OT: Civil Conflict | The Boneyard

OT: Civil Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CGb_HNRWgAAMiEj.jpg

Disco bought a trophy and unilaterally announced that we have a rivalry with UCF, which UCF denies, saying they knew nothing of it. The media and the football world is laughing at us. How the heck will we ever get out of the AAC with a football program that is a national laughingstock.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
CGb_HNRWgAAMiEj.jpg

Disco bought a trophy and unilaterally announced that we have a rivalry with UCF, which UCF denies, saying they knew nothing of it. The media and the football world is laughing at us. How the heck will we ever get out of the AAC with a football program that is a national laughingstock.

WIN. ...

Reaction Score
If we actually come out on top of this "rivalry" then we won't look so bad. I'm cool with aiming to be the best team in the conference both years.

All we gotta do is win.

Reaction Score
This topic been beaten to death already in the football board but honestly what is Diaco supposed to do? I don't see any problem trying to motivate the kids by creating this "rivalry" especially because from the sound of things he paid for this out of pocket. The football world was already laughing at us after our pathetic 2-10 performance last year, at least we are on the national radar. Win @UCF next year and this will look great.

Reaction Score
This topic been beaten to death already in the football board but honestly what is Diaco supposed to do? I don't see any problem trying to motivate the kids by creating this "rivalry" especially because from the sound of things he paid for this out of pocket. The football world was already laughing at us after our pathetic 2-10 performance last year, at least we are on the national radar. Win @UCF next year and this will look great.

What Diaco is definitely not supposed to do is invent a rivalry out of thin air, buy a trophy himself, and try to publicize that rivalry without ever notifying the other team in the rivalry. It was a hugely embarrassing moment, and I'm at the point with Diaco that, if I don't see a major improvement this year, it's going to be time to consider whether or not he's the man for the job. This was so unbelievably tone deaf and humiliating, particularly for a guy who failed to do anything productive in his first season.

Reaction Score
CallMeBruce said:
What Diaco is definitely not supposed to do is invent a rivalry out of thin air, buy a trophy himself, and try to publicize that rivalry without ever notifying the other team in the rivalry. It was a hugely embarrassing moment, and I'm at the point with Diaco that, if I don't see a major improvement this year, it's going to be time to consider whether or not he's the man for the job. This was so unbelievably tone deaf and humiliating, particularly for a guy who failed to do anything productive in his first season.
I agree with you until I found out that not only did he invent the rivalry but proceeded to put our name on the trophy from the win last year. He gets a +1 for hardcore trolling UCF in my book.

Reaction Score
. . . if I don't see a major improvement this year, it's going to be time to consider whether or not he's the man for the job.
I don't much about anything, to be sure, but pulling the plug on Diaco after two season will look like a panic move, seem excessively desperate, and potentially poison the well at UConn for any coaches who may have otherwise considered coaching here.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I just don't understand how a conflict fought over a football game can be "civil." C- there Diaco.

Reaction Score
I don't much about anything, to be sure, but pulling the plug on Diaco after two season will look like a panic move, seem excessively desperate, and potentially poison the well at UConn for any coaches who may have otherwise considered coaching here.

That may be, but one thing UConn absolutely cannot do is sit around and wait for Diaco to figure it out. They don't have time to be patient with him.

Reaction Score
Have your debate about Drako, Disco, Diaco… ...whatever.

I’m still trying to figure out if the OP’s picture depicts a trophy or a toilet.

Last edited:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

And if he wins, none of what you wrote matters. And if he loses, none of what you wrote matters.

Its really that simple.

Reaction Score
CGb_HNRWgAAMiEj.jpg

CGb_HNRWgAAMiEj.jpg

This looks to me like first step in Diacao trying to get outa here!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
That may be, but one thing UConn absolutely cannot do is sit around and wait for Diaco to figure it out. They don't have time to be patient with him.

Killing him after two years is stupid. Look at the roster last year.

When the greatest Miami team of all time (arguably) was equally as young, they were under .500 - that same group won a NC as senior and sent more players into the NFL than any class.

If that class couldn't win when it was young, how could Diaco with an even younger team?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

And yet there's really not much of a choice -- Diaco or Joe Schmo. The program took a major hit during the Edsall/Hathaway and PP transition era. Nobody was going to come in here year 1 and win with the resources this program had and it's unrealistic to think it'll happen in year 2. I like his enthusiasm and passion and as painful as it is to be patient given the national importance on football, he needs to be given time to prove he can recruit and coach his own guys.

Reaction Score
OkaForPrez said:
Probably a typo, but Bobby Disco is how I'll refer to Coach from now on.

Disco Bob don't advertise

(obscure reference of the day)

Reaction Score
OkaForPrez said:
Probably a typo, but Bobby Disco is how I'll refer to Coach from now on.

Disco Bob don't advertise

(obscure reference of the day)

Reaction Score
2 hilarious points
1. He used the one team we beat in conference last year to create a rivalry with (disregard that the team is based in Florida)
2. He used the wrong pic for mascot logo as ucf doesn't use that for football and was pointed out by ucf

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
1. "Civil Conflict" is a horrible name, it sounds as if there's a Domestic Dispute going on.
2. It looks like Bob got this trophy made at the same store Costco buys it's Employee of the Month plaques.

It's just bad all around.... But bad in a funny way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky