OT - Cincy Fifth Third Arena Project Receives Board Approval | The Boneyard

OT - Cincy Fifth Third Arena Project Receives Board Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
>>The University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees approved Tuesday an $87-million, privately funded renovation of Fifth Third Arena, home of the Bearcats men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball teams.

“It’s a transformational day for UC Athletics and the University,” Director of Athletics Mike Bohn said. “We are inspired by the passionate engagement from the Board of Trustees, campus leadership and key constituents who are making a bold commitment to our athletic program and the campus community.

“The cost of the project has grown due to complexities associated with renovating a 26-year-old building in line with our plan to construct a state-of-the-art arena that will be among the finest on-campus facilities in the nation.”

Construction is scheduled to begin in April 2017 and be completed in fall 2018.<<

Also:http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2015/12/15/fifth-third-arena-renovation/77348790/

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
>>The University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees approved Tuesday an $87-million, privately funded renovation of Fifth Third Arena, home of the Bearcats men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball teams.

“It’s a transformational day for UC Athletics and the University,” Director of Athletics Mike Bohn said. “We are inspired by the passionate engagement from the Board of Trustees, campus leadership and key constituents who are making a bold commitment to our athletic program and the campus community.

“The cost of the project has grown due to complexities associated with renovating a 26-year-old building in line with our plan to construct a state-of-the-art arena that will be among the finest on-campus facilities in the nation.”

Construction is scheduled to begin in April 2017 and be completed in fall 2018.<<

Also:http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2015/12/15/fifth-third-arena-renovation/77348790/

sounds like they're getting hardwood floors in the mens room.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
for what its worth - $87Million don't buy much these days
BUT they aren't sitting still and being satisfied in the American Crisis Conference and their football team has more going for it lately (I know - just wait)

CL82

Reaction Score
for what its worth - $87Million don't buy much these days
BUT they aren't sitting still and being satisfied in the American Crisis Conference and their football team has more going for it lately (I know - just wait)
I thought the same. I'd be interested in more detail about what they are getting. At @1/3 the cost of XL center it is an easier sell though. I'm not sure of the ROI for the XL renovation.

Reaction Score
I thought the same. I'd be interested in more detail about what they are getting. At @1/3 the cost of XL center it is an easier sell though. I'm not sure of the ROI for the XL renovation.
The XL is older, bigger and hosts more events. 87 million for the XL would barely be enough to remove the smell of grease from the concourse. As for ROI, I don't know but basically it's spend the money or have no more arena.

CL82

Reaction Score
The XL is older, bigger and hosts more events. 87 million for the XL would barely be enough to remove the smell of grease from the concourse. As for ROI, I don't know but basically it's spend the money or have no more arena.
I don't disagree with any of that. XL is about 16,500 and 5th/3rd is about 13,500 +. 5th/rd is basically just a big box, it seems like that would be easier to renovate. I don't the XL is profitable now. I'd like to see how the $250M renovate is expected to change that, other than the standard "more competitive for events" language that you always hear.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Basically the entire building is going to be overhauled. Should look nice for the 2018-19 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom