OT Cincinnati | The Boneyard

OT Cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmmm...... Tubberville has plenty of connections. My hope is that he brings in a ringer for an OC and a great recruiting class. The stronger Cincy(in the AAC) is the better for everyone. UConn's conference wins need to mean something on the national scene and them beating a ranked Cincy is a plus.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Tubberville has plenty of connections. My hope is that he brings in a ringer for an OC and a great recruiting class. The stronger Cincy(in the AAC) is the better for everyone. UConn's conference wins need to mean something on the national scene and them beating a ranked Cincy is a plus.

This may be true. Then again, Cincy is the clear preference over UConn because of football. Take football away and what is the appeal of Cincy over UConn? Not basketball, not women's basketball, not market. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't fit in the Big12 and Houston will end up there before UConn anyways. UConn and Cincy are out on islands in the sea of D-1 football and lucky that the AAC is as good as it is because it gives them some kind of platform to show their wares. UConn needs to work on their recruiting of not only student athletes but fans. Fairfield County is loaded with potential season ticket holders. More than the Rent can accommodate(for now). Get the Rent packed so that the ESPN viewers(and B1G chancellors) see the UConn brand is vibrant and popular.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Tubberville has plenty of connections. My hope is that he brings in a ringer for an OC and a great recruiting class. The stronger Cincy(in the AAC) is the better for everyone. UConn's conference wins need to mean something on the national scene and them beating a ranked Cincy is a plus.
They got blown out this year (2015). Bringing anything better, just dooms our boys. Everybody wants the next hot coordinator, but everyone continues to clamor for bringing back past Uconn coaches, like Orlando and others. What gives. They never put up high point totals in the past, why retread. Why would one hope a conference opponent hires a ringer when others did the same instead of diaco

Reaction Score
They got blown out this year (2015). Bringing anything better, just dooms our boys. Everybody wants the next hot coordinator, but everyone continues to clamor for bringing back past Uconn coaches, like Orlando and others. What gives. They never put up high point totals in the past, why retread. Why would one hope a conference opponent hires a ringer when others did the same instead of diaco
The stronger the conference the better for UConn. The stronger the conference is the easier it is for the powers that be to accept an AAC Champ into the National Championship playoff. That AAC champ a couple years down the road could be UConn and who cares if they are in the B1G, ACC or AAC as long as they get a shot at the title when they deserve it.

Reaction Score
Next year UConn has a chance to make a statement vs or to the ACC(playing Virginia, Cuse and BC). So does ECU(NC St & VT. Also has S. Carolina on their schedule). Houston has Oklahoma and Louisville, Memphis has Ole Miss, Navy has Notre Dame, SMU has Baylor and TCU and the list goes on and on. The AAC has the opportunity to prove that they can play and beat Power-5 and belong in the conversation. But they have to pack houses and create a buzz because nobody is going to do it for them

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't fit in the Big12 and Houston will end up there before UConn anyways. UConn and Cincy are out on islands in the sea of D-1 football and lucky that the AAC is as good as it is because it gives them some kind of platform to show their wares. UConn needs to work on their recruiting of not only student athletes but fans. Fairfield County is loaded with potential season ticket holders. More than the Rent can accommodate(for now). Get the Rent packed so that the ESPN viewers(and B1G chancellors) see the UConn brand is vibrant and popular.

Texas is covered and Houston will not be part of their expansion. Houston left under not such great terms before and I see the expansion moving east where the eyeballs are located.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to work on their recruiting of not only student athletes but fans. Fairfield County is loaded with potential season ticket holders. More than the Rent can accommodate(for now). Get the Rent packed so that the ESPN viewers(and B1G chancellors) see the UConn brand is vibrant and popular.

That's still a HUGE problem in CT.. half are Yankees fan (my half) while the other half Red Sox.. We're torn b/w NY (NYC) and Massachusetts (Boston)... Sure there's been some attempts made to incorporate Fairfield County (little NYC), but culturally it hasn't happened.

shout out to the stubborn, yet conservative, folks of CT

Reaction Score
Lost there OC Eddie Gran and the QB coach Darin Hinshaw to Mike Stoops and Kentucky...now rumor is Gunner Kiel may be looking to move with them
http://www.cincinnativseveryone.com/gunner-kiel-to-kentucky/

Wrong QB

JonHale_CJJan 05, 3:29pm via Twitter for iPhone
Regarding report circulating that Cincinnati QB Gunner Kiel may be transferring to UK, I'm told "absolutely not."

MrsTylerKSR 2:30pm via TweetDeck
Cincinnati backup QB Luke Wright transferring to Kentucky (includes highlights):
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/foot...terback-luke-wright-transferring-to-kentucky/

Reaction Score
Those sound like high level P5 hires---without doing any due diligence on the success of the two guys.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This is kind of tangential, but for the life of me I can't understand why the Big 12 seems to be so infatuated with Cincinnati. Beyond being a good 'travel partner' for one team in the conference, wtf do they bring to the table? Sub par academics, smaller fan base than UConn, less national name recognition, smaller TV market, smaller revenue...so confusing to me.

Reaction Score
Those sound like high level P5 hires---without doing any due diligence on the success of the two guys.
Tubs has always had those types of guys on his staff.

Reaction Score
Grimes is a heck of an oline coach. He's towards the end of his career, but his son is a grad assistant at Cincy, and i suspect he wants to get to a bigger city. He's developed quite a few nfl linemen. Taylor sounds like a head coach in waiting somewhere. When you are that young, and progess thru the nfl that quick, you have to be fairly sharp and savy. It doesn't hurt that cause when you played qb thru college.

Reaction Score
they are P5 hires.. and those are the types of hires that bring higher caliber recruits... hint hint.... we are a little behind the 8 ball... still playing catch up.. if Michigan gets to have Spring practice in Florida it takes this whole P5 thing to an even higher level.

Reaction Score
This is kind of tangential, but for the life of me I can't understand why the Big 12 seems to be so infatuated with Cincinnati. Beyond being a good 'travel partner' for one team in the conference, wtf do they bring to the table? Sub par academics, smaller fan base than UConn, less national name recognition, smaller TV market, smaller revenue...so confusing to me.

We are far superior in academics, that we can unquestionably state versus Cinci. But the other factors you mention are not lopsided enough in UConn's favor to make us more appealing to the B12. The reality is that the B12 is not the ACC or B10 who actually care about academic reputation which we can see by the B12 members academic rankings. Cinci however would be an immediate rival for WVU and bridge the gap between WVU and the other B12 schools. I am not sure how you assign a definitive number to a fan base, but if you use living alumni numbers Cinci is +25% compared to UConn. And there is relatively little difference in ranking for TV market (UConn +5 spots) and athletic dept revenue (UConn +6 spots).

So if we take academics out of the fold and replace it with football success and reputation which is the key to future expansion, Cinci would have the edge for the B12. And add to it their recent commitment to sports spending in updating their on campus living and sports facilities and they do seem to be a compelling choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom