OT: Cigars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by GemParty, Apr 11, 2015.

1. GemParty

GemParty Premier Properties National Referral-All 50 states

Any smokers here? Where in CT do you buy or enjoy? Any lounges or clubs you recommend. Indoor/outdoor.
    Mickey Blake's is nice, but sometimes you leave feeling like you escaped a five alarm fire. http://www.mickeyblakes.com/

2. alexd.

alexd.

I would have loved this thread in the mid '90's - early '00's. :(

Arturo Fuente 858's, Cuesto Rey, Hoyo de Monterrey. Padron...

August_West, 8893 and GemParty like this.
  3. Huskybass

Huskybass

Padron Family Reserve. Ridiculously good smoke.

I actually buy my cigars through JR Cigars. And I smoke them all outdoors. So I basically haven't answered your question at all.

August_West and GemParty like this.
  4. 8893

8893 Curiouser

I used to enjoy them on occasion, now maybe one every few years. Owl Shop in New Haven is a great cigar shop and also a lounge and bar, with occasional live music.

Arturo Fuente: Hemingway Short Stories (because they are small enough not to make me sick) or Don Carlos Robusto.

5. AtlHusky

AtlHusky Heartless powers try to tell us what to think

Huskybass and GemParty like this.
  6. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

A very important trivia piece for the Boneyard. Team Fishy always smoked Ashton's (supplied by swami) on their way to victory!;)

August_West and Deepster like this.
  7. Northbound

Northbound

La Gloria Cubana maduro torpedos, but I only smoke on a very rare occasion now. Wife's not a big fan of the cigar. Always loved the line that a father of a friend of mine laid on me one day "you look like a s&*t salesman with sample in your mouth"

mauconnfan and GemParty like this.
  8. Kitaman

Kitaman

Opus X including Lost City and Forbidden X, Padron Anniversario, and Gurkha (when slumming). Believe or not I constantly chew on cigars, but not on the ones I like to smoke. Full body lover here.

My favorite cigar bar: Cigar and More in Orange (they opened another store in Branford). I prefer to smoke outdoors though.

[​IMG]

mauconnfan and GemParty like this.
  9. alexd.

alexd.

I miss the days we could light up at any downtown bar after a nice win at the HCC. People always seemed to give us extra room. ;)

August_West likes this.
  10. KembaStepback

KembaStepback Rains Triples

I use Holt's to get cigars. I enjoy Rocky Patel. That's a good cigar. Interested to see if Cubans become available this summer.

I agree Fri/Sat nights at the Owl Shop are very crowded. I think you'd be ok during the week.

Eli Cannon's in Middletown is a good place for a smoke during the summer. They have an outdoor area out back, it's nice.

GemParty likes this.
  11. Lefty2one

Lefty2one

The amount of time I've wasted at the Owl Shop... That place is so relaxing during the day when it's not overcrowded. I used to grab lunch downtown and then walk over there and hang out from 1-4pm and it was rarely crowded, even during the winter months. Even on weeknights though it typically gets too crowded for my taste.

I don't smoke anything too pricey, my go-to are Oliva.

GemParty likes this.
  12. UconnFanNVa

UconnFanNVa

My every day smoke right now is a liga undercrown, i just like the flavor. I like Padrons, Camacho Tripple Marduro and Padillas (i forgot the name of the one i like). Dont really buy the more expensive ones, most expensive cigar i bought was like 25 bucks once lol. i Usually buy my smoke by the box and just store in my humidor and have 1 or 2 smokes on the weekends. Love a good smoke on a nice sunny day chilling on the deck or at my neighbors house.

GemParty likes this.
  13. Lefty2one

Lefty2one

I bought a 5-pack online of these last summer, very nice smoke for the price. I'd recommend them for sure.

UconnFanNVa likes this.
  14. CTBasketball

CTBasketball Arguably the Perfect Man...

As an astute 22 year old college student, I went to a sketchy cigar shop on the Westport/Fairfield line and purchased $5 cigar. I don't know what is good, or what is bad. Regardless, I have trouble lighting cigars.

Fishy likes this.
  15. Lefty2one

Lefty2one

Find a YouTube vid on the proper lighting technique, there are plenty out there.

Cut/punch, toast, light/rotate. Enjoy.

16. 8893

8893 Curiouser

When I smoked more frequently, my regular, inexpensive go-to cigar was Punch.

17. UMass

UMass

Liga Undercrown, made by Drew Estates is a nice smoke if you like full flavor maduros. I get then online at FamousSmoke.com

mauconnfan and UconnFanNVa like this.
  18. UconnFanNVa

UconnFanNVa

Thats exactly where i get mine too. Just got a box of Robusto Liga Undercrowns. Not too expensive but still a good full flavor. And not harsh tasting. Its my favorite go to smoke personally.

19. UconnFanNVa

UconnFanNVa

Yup i like the taste and the value! Very rarely do a get a dud in a box. Consistently good

20. smudubs

smudubs

Now this is the type of thread that I normally start on the SMU message boards. Love a good smoke, and am glad that I came across this thread because I will be in the area this summer visiting schools with the kids and am always looking for a good cigar lounge.

GemParty likes this.
  21. 99NCAA

99NCAA

GemParty likes this.
  22. CTBasketball

CTBasketball Arguably the Perfect Man...

Does anyone know any good smoke shops in the Fairfield area?

23. chalk1

chalk1

I buy on line. Cigar Auctioneer through Famous cigars. Could also use Cigars.com and a few others. Saves a lot of money vs. local shops. My favorites are Cameroon wrappers so Arturo Fuente Hemingway, Nub's (Cain is the maker).

24. minidarren

minidarren #freeHFD

Rocky Patel Vintage 1999. Perfecto for a nice half hour.

I also like the Rocky Patel Java by Drew Estate. It's what I smoke when the wife is around. She likes the coffee smell.

25. KembaStepback

KembaStepback Rains Triples

Honestly, I'm more of a fan of a mild cigar. I enjoy having a smoke that doesn't linger with me for days.

I've had pretty good luck with Mild Samplers from CigarsInternational.com or Thompson. Usually can get them relatively inexpensive. I mentioned Rocky Patels earlier. I like the Edge Lite Torpedos.

GemParty likes this.
  26. WillB4

WillB4

Anything by Drew Estate. Oil infused tobaccos taste and smell great. With a nice port or chambord, can't wait for warm weather to sit out back, 'gar, drink and ballgame on the radio. Usually online is cheaper than shops for quantity (boxes).

27. Palatine

Palatine

28. minidarren

minidarren #freeHFD

29. SHS72

SHS72

Had to chime in on this one. Greatest smoke ever--Romeo et Julieta Havana. Cuban friend got me once. Mild, yet exceptionally delicious. Illegal now, but understand Obama's establishing new relations that might help. Could be his greatest foreign relations achievement-LOL!

GemParty likes this.
  30. UconnFanNVa

UconnFanNVa