OT: Chris Simms Admits To Being Paid At Texas By Boosters | The Boneyard

OT: Chris Simms Admits To Being Paid At Texas By Boosters

Reaction Score
His dad must be so proud. Of course if his name had been Chris Smith the only way he gets into a Texas game is by buying a ticket.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
His dad must be so proud. Of course if his name had been Chris Smith the only way he gets into a Texas game is by buying a ticket.
Are you thinking about the same Chris Simms? I'm not sticking up for him with the boosters thing at all, but he was a legit FBS QB. Played 4 years and started 3 at UT back when they were good, with some pretty good stats. Just trying to be fair here. Chris Simms College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

You serious? Guy was a 5* qb for a reason, amd not just because of his dad. He was a legit excellent college qb.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Star QB getting a few c-notes from boosters is small potatoes these days. I'm more interested in gym bags going to recruits.

He probably got laid a lot too.

Reaction Score
Star QB getting a few c-notes from boosters is small potatoes these days. I'm more interested in gym bags going to recruits.
He probably got laid a lot too.
No attack but one has to wonder...:confused: Why someone would post something like this with "Your stupidity is ruining my country" as part of their avatar?
Brilliant....:rolleyes:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No attack but one has to wonder...:confused: Why someone would post something like this with "Your stupidity is ruining my country" as part of their avatar?
Brilliant....:rolleyes:

Because it is 2017, there is no possible way to police it effectively and at the end of the day, who cares? That is not to say, schools should be paying recruits to attend their school or systematically pay players. But, "here kid, get yourself some pizza and beer on me," It's jaywalking by comparison.

And it is the very definition of an attack. An ineffectual one, but an attack nonetheless. The rest of your post should have gone into why pocket money is the end of fair play and amateurism.

Reaction Score
I thought then and still think Applewhite was the better quarterback. It's close but stars support that, especially when you consider that Simms kept getting the start but rarely delivered in big spots. He looked like a quarterback and his daddy was a Super Bowl MVP and that gave him an undeserved advantage. Then he whined about how Applewhite didn't genuflect when he came into the locker room on top of it all. Now he took illegal payments. Still the spoiled entitled baby he was at Texas I think.

Reaction Score
He, his dad and brother are huge scumbags, and dumb as rocks

Simms was on the FAN recently whining his father wasn't in the HOF

I still love the story when Phil wanted to fight Desmond Howard because Howard accurately said his son Matt sucks

Why is a kid from a wealthy family putting himself and his school in danger by taking $ ?

Reaction Score
I dislike him and his kids as people. He was an awful announcer. Took CBS forever to finally can him.

People dislike the Giants and Phil Simms as an announcer so they act like little girls in an argument. This is hilarious.

Reaction Score
I thought then and still think Applewhite was the better quarterback. It's close but stars support that, especially when you consider that Simms kept getting the start but rarely delivered in big spots. He looked like a quarterback and his daddy was a Super Bowl MVP and that gave him an undeserved advantage. Then he whined about how Applewhite didn't genuflect when he came into the locker room on top of it all. Now he took illegal payments. Still the spoiled entitled baby he was at Texas I think.

I must have missed all of Applewhite's NFL starts.

Reaction Score
Good thing I was comparing him to Applewhite and not Brady.
Applewhite a college stats were better. Simms was less than a journeyman in the NFL. Drafted because of his name and the vague hope he would develop and as a coach Applewhite has been far superior. Applewhite didn't play in the NFL I don't believe but he was the better college player. It is possible to be the better college player but lack the specific things the NFL is looking for. Applewhite was small by NFL standards so he didn't get his shot.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if you listened to him at all on FAN at times he's incredibly unlikeable and cocky. He accomplished nothing. He bumped around the NFL a little, stats were awful, just on jerk Daddy's name.

Phil is a dumb redneck. He threatened to fight Desmond Howard when he accurately said his son Matt sucks.

There are multiple Twitter handles setup to rip Simms' announcing. Mostly awesome.

Applewhite a college stats were better. Simms was less than a journeyman in the NFL. Drafted because of his name and the vague hope he would develop and as a coach Applewhite has been far superior. Applewhite didn't play in the NFL I don't believe but he was the better college player. It is possible to be the better college player but lack the specific things the NFL is looking for. Applewhite was small by NFL standards so he didn't get his shot.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
A friend of mine had a nephew playing Division III golf, and he was paid by boosters.

Division III?

Golf?

C'mon, man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul