OT- Cheryl Reeves | The Boneyard

OT- Cheryl Reeves

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"This past season Minnesota registered its sixth 25-win campaign while becoming the first franchise to win 27+ games in a season four separate times."

Here's a major reason why:

The Lynx began winning league championships IMMEDIATELY upon her arrival in 2011. In Maya Moore’s rookie season, the Minnesota Lynx earned their first title in franchise history with a sweep of the Atlanta Dream in the 2011 WNBA Finals. Moore’s teammate, Seimone Augustus, was named Finals MVP.

150928-lynx-title-2011-1400.jpg

Maya has been a winner wherever she has gone, and she makes those around her better as well. What an outstanding ambassador Maya has been for UConn and the WNBA on and off the court. As good as she was in college, she improved in all areas of her game after she went pro. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Lynx began winning league championship IMMEDIATELY upon her arrival in 2011. In Maya Moore’s rookie season, the Minnesota Lynx earned their first title in franchise history with a sweep of the Atlanta Dream in the 2011 WNBA Finals. Moore’s teammate, Seimone Augustus, was named Finals MVP.

150928-lynx-title-2011-1400.jpg

Maya has been a winner wherever she has gone, and she makes those around her better as well. What an outstanding ambassador Maya has been for UConn, and the WNBA. As good as she was in college, she improved AFTER she went pro. :eek:
Maya and Minnesota won the championship in her years 1, 3, 5, and 7. They lost in the finals twice, including to L.A. at the buzzer in game 5, and in the Western Finals to a loaded Phoenix team. They are always in position to win.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As far as I know USA BB has not named the assistant coaches for next year's World Cup. I wonder if Reeves will return as one of the assistants.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maya Moore - In your opinion, after she has played her last game, and moves on to the next phase of her life, would she make a better basketball coach or TV broadcast analyst, if she had to choose one of the two? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Maya Moore - In your opinion, after she has played her last game, and moves on to the next phase of her life, would she make a better basketball coach or TV broadcast analyst, if she had to choose one of the two? :rolleyes:
I'd go with analyst if given the choice of those two options. But I think she will do something besides one of those two... on the business side, perhaps.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm in the camp of those think superstar players don't make good coaches. I don't see Sue Bird coaching at the college level, but maybe in the pros. It will be interesting to see how things play out with Taurasi. She's never known anything else in her life but basketball. But again, few students would have her skill and drive. I'll go out on a limb and say Bria Hartley might make a good college coach.

I could see Morgan Tuck being a coach, as with her father, but she will do well in color analysis and/or business. Not sure about Moriah.

Of the current crop, I'd say Kyla Irwin has coaching written all over her. Nurse might be a candidate.

I wonder what Chloe is thinking of doing. She was, after all, a point guard.

Reaction Score

Neither. I believe she has bigger things in store for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom