OT: Champions Classic | The Boneyard

OT: Champions Classic

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Any Chicago area BYers going to this tonight? Good early season matchups Duke vs. Mich St then Kansas vs. Kentucky. I will be there wearing my gray UConn hoodie and letting all the Duke and Kentucky fans know that UConn is in the house. I wore it a couple of years ago at this event and got plenty of dirty looks from the UK fans. It was sweet. I have no angst towards Mich St. and Kansas so they get a pass.

Reaction Score
Any Chicago area BYers going to this tonight? Good early season matchups Duke vs. Mich St then Kansas vs. Kentucky. I will be there wearing my gray UConn hoodie and letting all the Duke and Kentucky fans know that UConn is in the house. I wore it a couple of years ago at this event and got plenty of dirty looks from the UK fans. It was sweet. I have no angst towards Mich St. and Kansas so they get a pass.
Was planning on going with a Kansas buddy but plans fell through. Tix looked expensive.

Reaction Score
Couldn't do it unfortunately. I have a charity event that I have to attend tomorrow night, plus as John said, tix were quite expensive. Looked fun though, enjoy it, should be some good hoops. Curious, how many Chicago area fans do we have here?

QDOG5

Reaction Score
They are expensive except for the 300 level (better to watch from home than up there). I got freebies but I won't know where we are sitting until we get there. Fingers crossed. Lower level is $160 on craigslist right now.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Do you guys know if there is a UConn bar in the city? I think I already asked this but I'm old and forgetful.

Reaction Score
Do you guys know if there is a UConn bar in the city? I think I already asked this but I'm old and forgetful.
Think the guy who owns the Dark Horse over by Wrigley is a Uconn guy, at least used to be. Piece in Bucktown was started by New Haven guys, think they've had Uconn meetups for games.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's it as far as I know. George's pub in Lakeview too. I am generally up for catching a game if you guys are in though. We should set something up.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
First game was excellent last night. Both teams lived up to the hype. Allen had a great game but he's a so... I was really impressed with Jaren Jackson of MSU. Super solid on both ends for a freshman. Trevon Duval of Duke wowed me. He's super quick and next level athletic. It was too bad Bagley got hurt but in the few minutes I watched him you could see he is very talented. Second game was not as exciting. I'm not sold on Kansas. They have only one big guy who plays. If they don't shoot it well their in trouble. Kentucky is not a top 10 team right now. Hami made some athletic plays but he needs a jumper. The rest of the team, meh. We left with about 8 minutes to go in the KU-UK game. Had to uber to the burbs. Got home and watched the UConn game. Huskies are not on the level of those four teams right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom