OT - CFP to help with travel costs | The Boneyard

OT - CFP to help with travel costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree from a player/parent standpoint but does this just put more distance between the haves and have-nots? Another recruiting tool that the Power 5 will have a disproportionate share of, possibly extending to other bowls?

"The NCAA also said member schools and conferences can adopt new rules to provide these family travel expenses on a permanent basis or for other championships."

Reaction Score
call me crazy, but isn't the entire concept a direct, in the face violation of everything the NCAA has penalized schools for in the past, and currently is against the rules? Schools paying for family member travel expenses to a game? It's not against the rules anymore? A waiver? Looks like Emmert is following Obama's playbook. When the rules don't fit, issue and executive memorandum order to change the rules.

What a joke the NCAA has become. For the record, I'm all for it, compensation for family travel - there is more than enough money to cover it.

But just level the damn playing field already and create a true division 1A/FBS playoff format such that every program in the country has the same route to a championship.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Looks like Emmert is following Obama's playbook. When the rules don't fit, issue and executive memorandum order to change the rules. .

Right. Obama invented the executive order and has used them more than any other President. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
call me crazy, but isn't the entire concept a direct, in the face violation of everything the NCAA has penalized schools for in the past, and currently is against the rules? Schools paying for family member travel expenses to a game? It's not against the rules anymore? A waiver? Looks like Emmert is following Obama's playbook. When the rules don't fit, issue and executive memorandum order to change the rules.

What a joke the NCAA has become. For the record, I'm all for it, compensation for family travel - there is more than enough money to cover it.

But just level the damn playing field already and create a true division 1A/FBS playoff format such that every program in the country has the same route to a championship.

I agree that the NCAA is now turning past precedent on its head in in an attempt to survive, i.e. keep the P5 from breaking away.

As a FYI, Executive Orders from the US President have been used since Washington was President. Early on, they were not common with the most being issued by President Grant in the late 1800's with 217 such orders, which appears to be more than all of the US Presidents before him combined. Since Grant, they have become a lot more common with the top award going to FDR, who issued the most in history with 3,500. Since FDR, Obama with his 200 or so Orders as of the end of 2014, ranks behind every President except for Gerald Ford (170) and George HW Bush (170); but will likely jump ahead of JFK (210) before his term ends.

Reaction Score
Serious question. Is the NCAA "doing the right thing" for the FCS playoffs as well?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Serious question. Is the NCAA "doing the right thing" for the FCS playoffs as well?

Real good question. Probably not.

The excuse will be made about the high profile bookings, last minute travel to a highly desirable location, etc.

Reality is that DII and DIII are not facing that extra hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom