OT - CCSU Football Coach Job Open. | The Boneyard

OT - CCSU Football Coach Job Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
>>Central Connecticut head football coach Jeff McInerney announced his resignation on Monday. McInerney coached the Blue Devils for eight seasons and posted a record of 48-41 during his time in New Britain. HIs 48 wins are second in program history, and his teams won a pair of Northeast Conference championships in 2009 and 2010.

The following is a statement from McInerney:

"After eight seasons as head coach of the Blue Devils, I believe this is a good time to move onward in my career. So I want to announce today that I will be leaving CCSU at the end of December. I am sad to be leaving a place I have come to love and people I deeply admire. I thank President Jack Miller for the opportunity to coach so many outstanding student-athletes here. Whether we have won championships or not, these young men have always impressed me with their desire to excel, and they will all hold a special place in my heart. I want to thank, too, the Blue Devil Athletics office for its support in our shared mission of educating and preparing our student-athletes. And, lastly, I want to thank the assistant coaches, trainers, and others who have worked with me in enabling our young men to realize their dreams of playing collegiate Division I football. Fire up."

CCSU announced that a national search to find a new head football coach will begin immediately.<<

Reaction Score
I know the perfect guy and he's available. He has experience in both the Connecticut State University system and at the University of Connecticut. He's also highly respected by the state high school coaching community and has an OC that will follow him anywhere. There also may be a few other staffers available soon. It's fate.

Reaction Score
I know the perfect guy and he's available. He has experience in both the Connecticut State University system and at the University of Connecticut. He's also highly respected by the state high school coaching community and has an OC that will follow him anywhere. There also may be a few other staffers available soon. It's fate.

You beat me to it.

Reaction Score

I'm actually rooting for the Univ of New Haven coach over Coach P... Should probably be a nice list of coaches available for that opportunity...

Reaction Score
Southern is open too. Cavanaugh retiring after about 30 years at the helm

Reaction Score
Southern is open too. Cavanaugh retiring after about 30 years at the helm

Yup - forgot to post that one the other day. Gilbride hired Coach Cav as Offensive Coordinator to replace Pasqualoni who took over WCSU in 82.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Weist would be interested in a jon like that or mmaybe Hank Hughes.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Weist would be interested in a jon like that or mmaybe Hank Hughes.

I was thinking more Coach Foley for one of those gigs. He has experience as a head coach at a lower level.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
would prefer Foley staying at UCONN as the offensive line coach. Not sure CCSU could pay him what he would get here either.

My guess FHCPP ends up back in the pro's as a defensive line coach or something along those lines.

Reaction Score
would prefer Foley staying at UCONN as the offensive line coach. Not sure CCSU could pay him what he would get here either.

My guess FHCPP ends up back in the pro's as a defensive line coach or something along those lines.
PP has young kids. If I'm him, I take the money I stole from UConn, I mean earned and focus on being able to be around for them. Cripes, I think he can start collecting Social Security soon. Certainly he doesn't need the money I would think. Coaching at this level has to be murder on family life.

Reaction Score

There isn't one coach on this staff that will be retained.

Reaction Score
Plus he was the "winning-est" coach in the Big East (probably had to most losses too).

Reaction Score
There isn't one coach on this staff that will be retained.

Unfortunately, I agree... BUT if there was a guy I'd consider to stick around, it would be Wiest... I like the guy as a coach. Like his intensity, but, he'd obviously have to take a lower level gig, which he may not be willing to do. He'll be coaching somewhere else next year if not in Storrs, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
In case anyone's interested... Here's the CCSU football message board ( http://ccsufans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2736 ) haven't been to that site in a while, but I kinda figured the Univ of New Haven coach would get a mention, along with Coach P... There's a KC Keeler mention along with the JMU head coach (that one's a head scratcher).. all speculation (like what we do here)

Reaction Score
ManthonyCourant1:29am via Web
The four finalists for the job as football coach at Central Connecticut (Rossomando, Berhman, Collins, Morris)

Rossomondo - UNH HC
Berhman - Stony Brook OC
Collins - Seton Hall HC
Morris - Yale OC

http://www.courant.com/sports/colle...ando-berhman-collins-20140109,0,4421790.story

You about drove me crazy (short ride, I know) I'm looking up Seton Hall for football, knowing full well they don't have a football team. Turns out it's Seton Hill in PA. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You about drove me crazy (short ride, I know) I'm looking up Seton Hall for football, knowing full well they don't have a football team. Turns out it's Seton Hill in PA. :rolleyes:

I should have caught that... fixed above.

Reaction Score
Charley Molnar is available....and they certainly can have him!

Reaction Score
CCSU is Edsall's dream job.

Yawning.jpg

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads