OT: Carte’Are Gordon | The Boneyard

OT: Carte’Are Gordon

Reaction Score
2 suspensions in High School. Stayed home (maybe wasn’t mature enough to do so). Was ranked pretty high pre-Sr year too. Has a kinda Reynaldo Sydney (sp?) from Miss State feel to him.

Reaction Score
2 suspensions in High School. Stayed home (maybe wasn’t mature enough to do so). Was ranked pretty high pre-Sr year too. Has a kinda Reynaldo Sydney (sp?) from Miss State feel to him.

Minus the Mc Ds AA label.

He'll probably end up at Auburn

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He's a Vashon h.s. (St. Louis, Mo.) product. He's a big deal in the Lou, sort of has superstar status. Stating the obvious here, so a reminder for us adults -- its hard for some of these kids to maintain a level head when everyone around is blowing smoke up their caboose telling them they are on their way to NBA stardom. In the Stl. coming out of Vashon, which is now a program on the national map, he was a national star in a place not necessarily known as a basketball hotbed, so it's extremely difficult for a teenager to remain grounded. I'm not familiar with his handlers, but this was a monster created years ago by b-ball culture, and the world now gets to view and judge his or his teams decisionmaking, good and bad. With that said, he has a body like Oriakhi, a mean streak and plays like he's trying to prove something. In other words, I'd take him:)

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
After all the above, I see why fact-checking before posting makes a lot of sense. So, everything above remains the same with one not so minor edit. He came out of Webster Groves hs (STL. inner burb), a school w/ a pretty strong basketball tradition as well. Sorry bout that BY. I'll crawl back in my hole now.

Reaction Score
He's a Vashon h.s. (St. Louis, Mo.) product. He's a big deal in the Lou, sort of has superstar status. Stating the obvious here, so a reminder for us adults -- its hard for some of these kids to maintain a level head when everyone around is blowing smoke up their caboose telling them they are on their way to NBA stardom. In the Stl. coming out of Vashon, which is now a program on the national map, he was a national star in a place not necessarily known as a basketball hotbed, so it's extremely difficult for a teenager to remain grounded. I'm not familiar with his handlers, but this was a monster created years ago by b-ball culture, and the world now gets to view and judge his or his teams decisionmaking, good and bad. With that said, he has a body like Oriakhi, a mean streak and plays like he's trying to prove something. In other words, I'd take him:)
He went to Webster Groves.

Reaction Score
After all the above, I see why fact-checking before posting makes a lot of sense. So, everything above remains the same with one not so minor edit. He came out of Webster Groves hs (STL. inner burb), a school w/ a pretty strong basketball tradition as well. Sorry bout that BY. I'll crawl back in my hole now.
Your overall point though is an important one, and appreciated. Its easy to forget the pressures that are put on these kids, regardless of their background or profile. They certainly have more on their minds than I did at 17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom