OT- Carolina Panthers having historic season | The Boneyard

OT- Carolina Panthers having historic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Really fun to watch them. They just go about their business. Hope to see them beat the Giants today especially after Beckham's actions in the first quarter

Reaction Score
They really aren't getting enough (if any) media attention this year. If it were a big market team they would be storyline 1, 2 and 3 on sportscenter every day.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Panthers vs Patriots would be one heck of a Super Bowl matchup. It won't happen because it's rare that the undisputed best teams from each conference get to a Super Bowl but if it were to happen, this would be the year to do it.

Reaction Score
The top seeds from each conference met in the Super Bowl the last 2 seasons, so it's not so rare anymore.

Their historic season won't mean a whole lot if they don't win it all. At this point they have to be as big of the favorites as anyone else, including the Pats.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think the biggest issue with having a season like they are is that you start to rest your starters and that really harms you more then helps. I know there's the whole injury risk and Cam has been really banged up lately and Stewart is inactive today but there's definitely something to be said about keeping players in the game flow.
It's a big reason you see Wild Card teams do well in the play offs. They played up to the final game to get into the playoffs and their players are in the same mindset. When teams rest their players I think it can be detrimental. It's definitely a tough situation to be in because you want to keep players healthy and if Cam should get injured in a regular season game that doesn't matter anymore you face the wrath of that decision.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Their historic season won't mean a whole lot if they don't win it all. At this point they have to be as big of the favorites as anyone else, including the Pats.

Agreed. I think they'd be a double digit favorite over Cincinnati or Denver (or anyone else in the AFC, except the Pats). They'll probably open as a 6 or 7 pt favorite over the Pats, depending on Cam's health.

Reaction Score
One key has been their ability to stay healthy. When I heard this stat they had used 5 less players this season then the next lowest team. Staying health and overcoming injuries is one of the biggest keys in the NFL.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Really impressive so far today. 21-0 just taking it to the Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads