OT: Canelo v. Chavez | The Boneyard

OT: Canelo v. Chavez

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, that was about as big of a blowout as you can get.

120-108 on all three scorecards.

Reaction Score
All parties involved did a good job of promoting it cuz I was shocked that there were boxing folks actually talking up Jr as having a chance. I expected this to go about the same manner as Sergio vs Jr minus the 12th round KD so I wasn't surprised at the outcome. At least we got Canelo vs GGG set in stone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Most exciting part of the night was after that fight when they did the promo vid and had GGG come out to announce Canelo vs GGG for September.

JCC didn't come to fight but it's unbelievable how tough he is to be able to absorb those heavy Canelo combos and never look seriously hurt. Also thought the ref did a horrible job not allowing them to lean on each other and screaming at both fighters to bring their punches up when every body shot in that fight was clean.

Reaction Score
All parties involved did a good job of promoting it cuz I was shocked that there were boxing folks actually talking up Jr as having a chance. I expected that to go about the same manner as Sergio vs Jr minus the 12th round KD so I wasn't surprised at the outcome. At least we got Canelo vs GGG set in stone.

Canelo vs GGG should be an absolute war if Canelo fights with the same level of aggression that he brought tonight. I thought Kirkland hurt Canelo early in their fight, but Canelo was able to bounce back quickly. It'll be very interesting to see if he can stand up to GGG's power.

Reaction Score
How the hell did they convince anyone to buy that fight? I tip my hat to Golden Boy Promotions. They should called that fight Hype vs. Paper. Canelo has been all hype and JC Jr. Is a disgrace to his father's name. At his best he was a paper champ.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Floyd v McGregor is the real fight we should be talking about...:D
If it ever happens it will be more of a mismatch than what just happened with Canelo vs Jr.

GGG vs Canelo is going to be great. I don't think GGG will have as much difficulty with him as he did with Jacobs .

Reaction Score
I don't believe Canelo will fight GGG this year. I expect him to suffer a training camp injury just before the fight.

Reaction Score
If it ever happens it will be more of a mismatch than what just happened with Canelo vs Jr.

GGG vs Canelo is going to be great. I don't think GGG will have as much difficulty with him as he did with Jacobs .
I dont think Canelo has the power to hurt GGG who has a chin made of granite so he`ll have to go 12 rounds unless he could stop GGG by breaking down his body. I look for GGG by ko inside 10 rounds but he wont get completely embarrassed as i think he`ll win some rounds.

Reaction Score
I dont think Canelo has the power to hurt GGG who has a chin made of granite so he`ll have to go 12 rounds unless he could stop GGG by breaking down his body. I look for GGG by ko inside 10 rounds but he wont get completely embarrassed as i think he`ll win some rounds.

I think Canelo is capable of hurting GGG. Question is whether he's willing to plant his feet and trade with him to make that happen. GGG hasn't had a televised fight in which his opponent has been willing to hold his ground to try and get some of their own power shots in. Canelo is, by a wide margin, the best combination of punching power and chin that GGG will have faced.

That being said, I still like GGG, but the hype for this fight is very real, and Canelo has certainly done his part in making this a mega fight.

Reaction Score
I think Canelo is capable of hurting GGG. Question is whether he's willing to plant his feet and trade with him to make that happen. GGG hasn't had a televised fight in which his opponent has been willing to hold his ground to try and get some of their own power shots in. Canelo is, by a wide margin, the best combination of punching power and chin that GGG will have faced.

That being said, I still like GGG, but the hype for this fight is very real, and Canelo has certainly done his part in making this a mega fight.

I like Canelo and i dont think GGG is going to embarrass him but i just dont see how he beats GGG. I think people are going to find out on Sept 16th just how good GGG is.

Reaction Score
I like Canelo and i dont think GGG is going to embarrass him but i just dont see how he beats GGG. I think people are going to find out on Sept 16th just how good GGG is.

GGG is #1 in ESPN's p4p and #3 in Ring's p4p list, it's not like people aren't aware of how good GGG is. Like I said though, Canelo is the best combination of punching power and good chin that GGG will have faced. The thing that makes this fight so interesting is that both guys come forward and have good chins and good power, and neither has really fought an A-level fighter in that style.

Reaction Score
If it [McGregor/Mayweather] ever happens it will be more of a mismatch than what just happened with Canelo vs Jr.
Maybe, but Floyd is old. Really old. And McG hits hard. Really hard.
I'll be one of the ones paying good money to see it. The worst that can happen is Mayweather does his usual retreat and counterpunch routine and it's a boring 12 round decision for Floyd.

Reaction Score
I'll be one of the ones paying good money to see it. The worst that can happen is Mayweather does his usual retreat and counterpunch routine and it's a boring 12 round decision for Floyd.

Floyd would embarrass McGregor even if he was 10 years older. If that fight happens its going to a joke. McGregor has never fought with boxing gloves that's a huge difference than what he's use to. Floyd knows the ins and out of the ring with his eyes closed that will be somewhat foreign to McGregor. Floyd is surgical as are just about all boxers with where they punch and counter punching (which Floyd happens to be the best ever at).

Huge mismatch that I want to see happen to shut all the McGregor UFC people up

Reaction Score
Floyd would embarrass McGregor even if he was 10 years older. If that fight happens its going to a joke. McGregor has never fought with boxing gloves that's a huge difference than what he's use to. Floyd knows the ins and out of the ring with his eyes closed that will be somewhat foreign to McGregor. Floyd is surgical as are just about all boxers with where they punch and counter punching (which Floyd happens to be the best ever at).

Huge mismatch that I want to see happen to shut all the McGregor UFC people up

It's not even just the gloves, UFC guys train in stand up as only a portion of their overall training, and it shows with how sloppy MMA fighters are when they try to trade punches with each other. Floyd would be able to land hard clean straight rights at will and could probably stop Connor whenever he wanted.

Reaction Score
McGregor has never fought with boxing gloves that's a huge difference than what he's use to.
Untrue.

But it's good. Will be a more interesting fight. It's not about shutting people up. It's about entertainment.
Floyd's old.
Roy J.Jr. was the most dominant boxer in his prime that I've seen, then a switch went off and he was done. Forty is old.
Floyd hasn't knocked a guy out in what? Six years? And he's KOed 2 in the last 11? Good luck with your knockout theory.

Would be a good fight. I'd like to see it.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I'm not a Floyd fan at all, but he would toy with him and it would be a completely boring fight.

Conor has not looked good in sparring sessions from various reports.

TRAINER REVEALS CONOR MCGREGOR LOOKED BAD SPARRING; SAYS VAN HEERDEN "BOXED THE OUT OF HIM"

Reaction Score

lol, Floyd even at 40 would hop in a time machine and transform back to the "Pretty Boy Floyd" era and mop up McGregor. If McG was getting stunned by simple Nate Diaz 1, 2s I really have no idea how there are folks like you who would think Floyd wouldn't clean his clock. It would be worse than the Gatti beating, except McG isn't going to eat all those shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom