OT: Can Anyone Shed Light on This Habit | The Boneyard

OT: Can Anyone Shed Light on This Habit

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Meg's doing it in this photo:

The hands.jpg

I don't think she's hiding her Twizzlers. Anyone have any light to shed on this (for lack of a better word) posture?

Reaction Score
I have a 14 year old granddaughter who does the exact same thing constantly. She says it's to keep her hands and arms warm, but I don't believe it. Some kind of habit, but I don't think it's nerves.

Reaction Score
Really? This has nothing to do with her basketball skills or play. Lets please have the decorum to not comment on meaningless observations and grant these wonderful young women some degree of privacy where everything they do generates a comment. If you would not ask them in person, it is probably not appropriate to post.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lets please have the decorum to not comment on meaningless observations and grant these wonderful young women some degree of privacy where everything they do generates a comment. If you would not ask them in person, it is probably not appropriate to post.
62fb3c1822c4a623b9fe96f0216379ee19c8009c60135e6eb24f9b88eb943a77.jpg

Really? This has nothing to do with her basketball skills or play.
Hence, Off Topic.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Really? This has nothing to do with her basketball skills or play. Lets please have the decorum to not comment on meaningless observations and grant these wonderful young women some degree of privacy where everything they do generates a comment. If you would not ask them in person, it is probably not appropriate to post.

@carpe diem - well said and I totally agree.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If you would not ask them in person, it is probably not appropriate to post.

I don't think I'd have any problem asking her, "Megan, I noticed you standing with your hands wrapped in your shirt. What's up with that?" Seems pretty innocuous to me

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think I'd have any problem asking her, "Megan, I noticed you standing with your hands wrapped in your shirt. What's up with that?" Seems pretty innocuous to me

Thank you Orang. Frankly, the darn picture was taken by a photographer for the Courant and appeared in an article yesterday or the day before. The Werth Center training floor is accessed by news media very often and is hardly a private space. Meghan is comfortable with this posture in a public space. My question related to an idle curiosity I've had for quite a while about this habit which is shared by many; with little to do until the Oklahoma game I thought to pick the brains of Boneyarders.

Reaction Score
Does everything have to be so serious? The comment was not intrusive at all. RockyMTblue2, I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't see anything wrong with your post.

Still just weird.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thanks. Not worried. But thanks @chrissaran
Curious habit, actually. My great-nephew did something like it when he was visiting over the summer. I haven't really seen any older folks doing it.

More generally curious - but much more OT - the tendency of the younger generation to over-dress the outside clothes that allows them to wrap their hands up in them. It is often hot here in Tucson - and I see students walking home from high-school in outfits that are more appropriate for our December weather than the time of year I see them wearing them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
some dont want sweat all over their shirts, soaking them and making them heavy, sticky etc.

Reaction Score
Most people have something that others wouldn't understand. When I load the dishwasher, the tall glasses go on the left, and the short glasses go on the right. The silverware: small spoons, large spoons, knives on the left; small forks, large forks, knives on the right. It may be weird, but it's what I do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom