OT: Cal's Kristine Anigwe snags 30 rebounds vs. Washington State | The Boneyard

OT: Cal's Kristine Anigwe snags 30 rebounds vs. Washington State

Reaction Score
It's been an up-and-down season for Cal but I believe 30 rebounds is the most in a single game we've seen in a while? Not sure if Natalie Butler ever beat that, but a quick Google search indicates Amanda Zahui B.'s single game best while at Minnesota was 29.

Anigwe "only" shoots about 53% from the field this year, so sometimes her overall rebounding stats are aided by O-boards off her own misses, but in this game she was a stellar 14-22 from the field adding 32 points.

She pegged as a late 1st round pick by most of the WNBA mock drafts I've seen at this point.

California vs. Washington State - Box Score - March 3, 2019 - ESPN

Reaction Score
I mentioned her achievement in the Sunday game thread. This was her 30th double-double in a row..

I saw four of her games in person. She is a very exciting player to watch.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think Osahor had 30 when she was a senior.
Yes, Anigwe just tied Osahor's Pac-12 single-game rebounding record.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yes, Anigwe just tied Osahor's Pac-12 single-game rebounding record.

Both were against Wazzu IIRC. Not the kind of record you want to participate in. Osahor didn't score 30+ that game though. 30/30...can't be many of those on record.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does Chiney still have the Pac-12 career record?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Jillian Aleyne of Oregon has the all-time record (1,712), and she and Chantal Osahor of UW are tied for 519 as the best single season record. At the start of the season, Anigwe came in with 871 career rebounds, so she won't be even close to matching Aleyne's record, but she could hit the single season record with some decent post-season runs, as she's at 476 tonight at the end of conference play. She likely needs 3-5 games more to top it. And since her first round opponent is, ironically, WSU again, it's likely she'll have another big night.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Jillian Aleyne of Oregon has the all-time record (1,712), and she and Chantal Osahor of UW are tied for 519 as the best single season record. At the start of the season, Anigwe came in with 871 career rebounds, so she won't be even close to matching Aleyne's record, but she could hit the single season record with some decent post-season runs, as she's at 476 tonight at the end of conference play. She likely needs 3-5 games more to top it. And since her first round opponent is, ironically, WSU again, it's likely she'll have another big night.

Jillian is signed for the Lynx training camp... she's a former Sun property and has bounced around a bit since. Good luck to her and to former Sun fav Kelsey Griffin, also a new signee for the Lynx.

Reaction Score
Ironically Anigwe was more known for her scoring exploits before this season. I believe she reached 1,000 career points faster than any other Pac-12 player in conference history, and that includes Kelsey Plum.

With her 32 points against Washington State, she passes Nneka Ogwumike for #4 on the conference all-time career scoring list behind Candice Wiggins, Chiney Ogwumike, and Plum.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both were against Wazzu IIRC. Not the kind of record you want to participate in. Osahor didn't score 30+ that game though. 30/30...can't be many of those on record.

as stated in the ESPNw article

Cal F-C Anigwe's 30-30 game first in 16 years

Already the nation's leading rebounder, Anigwe is now the second player in Division I history to record 30 consecutive double-doubles, joining Oklahoma's Courtney Paris.

Made Golic / Wingo. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Such a superior player and yet Cal's results with her have been very disappointing. 30/30 on a team that's tied for sixth in the conference can give one pause.

Reaction Score
I mentioned her achievement in the Sunday game thread. This was her 30th double-double in a row..

I saw four of her games in person. She is a very exciting player to watch.

I have seen her play often and I am impressed by her progress over the years at Cal. As I have said before, she is the real deal, and a legitimate first round pick for WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom