OT: call from athletic department | The Boneyard

OT: call from athletic department

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Got a voicemail from the athletic department. Nice sounding lady that says she is my "athletic department contact." Anyone get the same call or know what this even means?
I had a chat with Kristina a couple weeks back. Basically if I had any questions/issues/comments/wanted more tix, to call her directly and she'd help out. Was also curious if I had a contact for her to reach out to and talk UConn with... trying to grow the base I suppose.

Reaction Score
All part of what Aspire was brought in here to do. It will be interesting to see what Benedict comes up with to grow the fan base (in all sports) off of what they recieve as feedback from season ticket holders.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The guy that gets our tickets also received a call. We were discussing the message we wanted to send back to UConn before he calls her. Something along the lines of entertainment dollars versus lack of entertainment on the field. I'm the only alum in the group, so for most there is an element of truth in it.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Got the same call from a dude...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2764.JPG

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My dude is named Nate. Nice kid. I asked if he was part of the Aspire group and he said yes. We actually had a fairly long chat that would have probably been better suited to have with Benedict than with Nate from Aspire, but he listened and engaged anyway. We had a "get to know you" chat a few weeks ago and then he called to follow up with basketball mini plan info just a few days ago...so they are here to help move tickets for all sports (not just football, like I had originally thought).

I like the effort being made here - establish personal connections, make people feel welcome and appreciated. This is the kind of stuff that should have happened many moons ago when our stadium was full, but I digress. One point I made sure to drive home is that they should have a real focus on uniting UConn's fragmented fanbases into one, full UConn fanbase. He said he has heard that same message from others and from other Aspire consultants in the feedback that they have gotten. If we can figure out how to unify into one UConn fanbase, then I think that would help move tickets across all sports.

Anyway, we should probably all expect to hear from our assigned consultants come renewal time. I told him that he has nothing to worry about with me - I am an idiot who always blindly follow UConn even if it leads me into the bottom of a canyon that is full of snakes and alligators and agonizing football - but he said he'd get in touch with me anyway around renewal time.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
...who called me while I was teaching. I asked him to call me back after 3:00 pm. He didn't.

Reminds of a company I buy recording and sound equipment from, Sweetwater Music, who assigns a knowledgeable "Sales Engineer" to you. They become familiar with your musical/sound engineering needs and guide you through future purchases. I find their customer service to be excellent, particularly because my contact has a clue about what he's selling me, and because he always follows up after a purchase to be sure I'm happy with the product. Not sure how this translates to the promotion of sporting events, but on its face I think its a good model for engaging a customer base.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Got a voicemail from the athletic department. Nice sounding lady that says she is my "athletic department contact." Anyone get the same call or know what this even means?

They are looking for season ticket holders to give up their tickets for the Friday game - Temple is bringing 20,000.

Reaction Score
Received a call from Katrina about a week and a half before UCF game. Had a very nice conversation and she suggested we may meet at a game.

Sun of a gun. She was out there in the rain, only went two rows below me to meet another fan (contact). They went up to the concourse for a while.

I jokingly emailed her and asked why she didn't even stop to say Hello, we were so close.

Suggested we might meet at Temple game.

Attractive representative. I guess she is "all in" with her job. Despite cold and rain, maintained a cheerful persona with the fan.

Reaction Score
Got a call from a guy talking about hockey tix and some football. Told him that I would probably be too busy skiing to buy hockey season tix like last year but would try to get to a few games.

Reaction Score
Talked to my contact too. Funny, as she said over and over that she's my girl. Helped me get prime seats for a game at Gampel. I'm sure she will be in touch when football renewals are due.

Reaction Score
I have this same setup as a Season ticket holders of the MLS (Sporting) team here in KC. And it really is so simple it's amazing that more places don't do it. Everyone, even the people on the waiting list for season tickets gets a rep, and it's pretty handy. I have two tickets, but if I need a third I can either get the seat adjacent to my two seats or he moves me somewhere else. I can do it all without messing with ticketmaster. My Dad came to town last season and I called my rep to see if he could get us on sideline during warm-ups, and he somehow did that for free. The personalized service is fantastic.

When the football team gets back on the right track, this setup will pay off big time for UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom