OT?- BY CENSORING

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
formerlurker said:
Great find, KCC.

But, I've had a few tails. Which kid is Cole?

Every recruit film I've ever watched has hi-lited or put an arrow over the featured recruit. Is it me or are there 3-4 blurry players in on 90% 0f the plays on that video?​

Honestly, have the Gezpatcho who run this board made it impossible to say "I've had a few c*cktails"?

I'm sure I agreed to some TOS when I joined here but obviously don't remember them.

Is there anyone, secret moderator maybe, who can start a post detailing every single word that is being censored on here?

I'm close to donating $2K to UC o nnReport dot com site for as many of you BY'ers who would come with.
formerlurker, 41 minutes ago Report

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No one hates the idiotic profanity filter here more than I do - it's a wicked overreach on so many levels that it's kinda laughable. I see multiple posts every day that are bungled due to the filters.

But, good lord, you look like a duck*ing moron comparing it to some sort of Gezpatcho...unless you have actually had a few drinks in which case I'll forgive the hyperbole.

(I wanted to call you a r-e--d, but, ironically and comically, that's banned as well.)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No one hates the idiotic profanity filter here more than I do - it's a wicked overreach on so many levels that it's kinda laughable. I see multiple posts every day that are bungled due to the filters.

But, good lord, you look like a duck*ing moron comparing it to some sort of Gezpatcho...unless you have actually had a few drinks in which case I'll forgive the hyperbole.

(I wanted to call you a r-e--d, but, ironically and comically, that's banned as well.)

Gezpatcho was probably the wrong choice of words, I can agree with that. And I did have a few drinks watching the Knicks/Celtics but not really looking for your forgiveness.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2:47 am? Does Fishy ever sleep? I picture him in a basement bunker/command center monitoring the landscape for dumb posts.

commandjpg-31283ba7e37955c4_large.jpg

If you look closely you can see his motto on the far left screen:
Semper Vigilius - Stupidity never sleeps, neither do I.

Reaction Score
2:47 am? Does Fishy ever sleep? I picture him in a basement bunker/command center monitoring the landscape for dumb posts.

Did you just accuse Fishy of being Warde Manual?

Reaction Score
R-E--D should be banned. There is no reason to use it.
I don't harp on it, but I think that every time I see someone use it, and those that know me know why. Hopefully those who use it will never have to find out why its not funny.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There are two reasons for the filter:

1). The ad vendors scan the site real time. Seeing profanity, and certain other key words costs me money that is used to pay the bills.

2). I do it to amuse myself, and piss people off.

formerlurker said:
Great find, KCC.

But, I've had a few tails. Which kid is Cole?

Every recruit film I've ever watched has hi-lited or put an arrow over the featured recruit. Is it me or are there 3-4 blurry players in on 90% 0f the plays on that video?​

Honestly, have the Gezpatcho who run this board made it impossible to say "I've had a few c*cktails"?

I'm sure I agreed to some TOS when I joined here but obviously don't remember them.

Is there anyone, secret moderator maybe, who can start a post detailing every single word that is being censored on here?

I'm close to donating $2K to Rival's UC o nnReport dot com site for as many of you BY'ers who would come with.
formerlurker, 41 minutes ago Report

Reaction Score

1). The ad vendors scan the site real time. Seeing profanity, and certain other key words costs me money that is used to pay the bills.

What words make you money - we can help :)

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What words make you money - we can help :)

For the past year, "Obama" and "Romney" were gold, and the threads on gun control have done well. I enjoy the cesspool, mostly because it's in my nature to kick the bees nest for self amusement. With that said, the off topic posts generate needed variety for the vendors.

I started an entertainment off topic board on another site, and site revenue went up 10%. I'd rather do that, than increase the number of ads.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Obama Romney Gun Control Bushmaster Hair Loss Insurance Mail Order Brides Satellite TV Christian Mingle

Did my part for today.

Reaction Score
For the past year, "Obama" and "Romney" were gold, and the threads on gun control have done well. I enjoy the cesspool, mostly because it's in my nature to kick the bees nest for self amusement. With that said, the off topic posts generate needed variety for the vendors.

I started an entertainment off topic board on another site, and site revenue went up 10%. I'd rather do that, than increase the number of ads.

Do it. We need an OT entertainment board here to talk about movies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

What vender has a problem with M.H.ver? Was it factchecker.com?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Oh... that makes sense why OT inflamatory posts were left up for so long. Not a complaint by the way. This "free" site has to be paid for somehow. I now understand why we have the annoying profanity filter as Asian brides might well be offended by the word .

So instead of profanity Friday, why don't we have "shameless BY promotion Friday" where we work key words and phrases provided by you in threads. Like, "clearly, GDL needs foreign language software to be able to communicate with these kids" or "Sorry if overeacted to your post but sometimes I can be a little sensitive like an Asian bride without a profanity filter" Comedy gold.

So what is the reasoning as to why we can only post one picture? How about the time out for post editting. They seem like solutions in search of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom