OT - Butch Jones to Colorado per Denver Post | The Boneyard

OT - Butch Jones to Colorado per Denver Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not surprising he wants to get out of this sinking conference. But he is going to have a real rebuilding job to undertake at Colorado.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

At first I was going to say that I just don't get why he would go there, if he had any options at all, since Colorado has literally fallen so far from grace. But then I calculated his contract to be about 4.5 million per year......I'd be headed to Boulder, too, I suppose....:rolleyes:

Cincinnati: The place where coaches stay a couple of years to go onto really high-paying jobs. Tough break for the Bearcats (D'Antonio, Kelly, Jones)...

Reaction Score
At first I was going to say that I just don't get why he would go there, if he had any options at all, since Colorado has literally fallen so far from grace. But then I calculated his contract to be about 4.5 million per year......I'd be headed to Boulder, too, I suppose....:rolleyes:

Cincinnati: The place where coaches stay a couple of years to go onto really high-paying jobs. Tough break for the Bearcats (D'Antonio, Kelly, Jones)...
Beatcats fans still love their athletic programs, regardless. They are confident they will land on their feet in all this shuffling.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Beatcats fans still love their athletic programs, regardless. They are confident they will land on their feet in all this shuffling.

Oh, I'm not saying they shouldn't. They have a lot to be proud of. And they've clearly made great coaching decisions over the last decade. It's just unfortunate that they can't hold on to those candidates, because their ceiling is extremely high. Being in Ohio and being successful at football doesn't hurt recruiting one bit, does it?

Reaction Score
Can we use their AD to find our next head coach in December 2013? They're three for the last three with D'antonio, Kelly, and Jones hires

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Butch Jones can do a lot better. If I were him I would try for Louisville or UNC depending on which schools coach goes to Tennessee. Pitt and NCState could be options if one of their coaches go to Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
Love the twitter handle:

RunRalphieRun 6:44pm via Web
No deal with anyone has been reached. Still in the active process of hiring our next head coach. We have nothing to confirm at this time.

In other words...

Reaction Score
What is MHver3 saying?

MHver3: Butch Jones to coach CU in their move back to the B-12 along with BYU, Clemson and FSU expect announcement by next tuesday. Per source at ASU.

Its confirmed.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
MHver3: Butch Jones to coach CU in their move back to the B-12 along with BYU, Clemson and FSU expect announcement by next tuesday. Per source at ASU.

Its confirmed.

Where does this guy come up with all this stuff?? Well, at least it's good for a laugh or two...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Who cares that's big time football. We're UConn, we don't fire coaches. Besides we've got Paul. . . And Warde! If this happy horsesh~~ of an AD puts us through another season like this year, I want his word he'll walk.

Reaction Score
Whether its true or not Butch Jones to Colorado, whether is true or nor Colorado in PAC or back to Big 12, I can't blame him for leaving and would thank him for keeping the NNNBE in the BCS mix during his tenure in Cincinnatti. He represented the school and conference well, and will succeed where ever he anchors his coaching talents. Either conference a great place to top off your resume'.

Bolder, Colorado is in a very picturest part of the country ....... can't beat watching a game with the snow capped Rockies a stone's throw from the end zone. Great place to bring up a family.......absent the Bone' Ramsey trajedy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's Butch Jones to Tennessee isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads