OT: but still women's hoops....NJCAA tourney | The Boneyard

OT: but still women's hoops....NJCAA tourney

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Junior College D3 tourney:

Reporting from the Adirondacks

Women's team...North Country Community College [Saranac Lake] won the region 3 title over the weekend.
They now go to the final 8 in Illinois....March 12...3 games to go for the JC D3 title...March 14 title game.
28-3 on the season....they went to the final 8 last year and the coach said they seemed happy to just be there...this year will be different.
Relevance to UConn women: well...I saw a few of the highlights from the local news after their win to get to Illinois.
The absolute joy/elation/smiles/laughter/tears were much like you see in the UConn players after a big win.
Just made you smile and laugh with 'em. The MVP of the regionals is only a frosh so she will be back next year [Lauren Denny]...2 years at that level and then who knows where...a 4 year school...a job? NCCC turns out a lot of medical career types. I will go to see them play come next year for sure.

[Just a] tad of fantasy here: if Lauren looks super I will give Geno a heads-up and I am sure he will be here in a sec to watch her play next year should we need a guard.
Hmm...I can show Geno some of the local attractions in the winter. Ice-fishing? Riding the luge down the Olympic run in Lake Placid?
Skiing the diamond trail down Whiteface Mt? Truth is I can't quite picture Geno embracing any of that. But....there are a few Italian restaurants in town....maybe he would
enjoy North Country's take on that cuisine. Uhhh...does Pizza Hut count as an Italian restaurant?

Anyway....a bit of a lull in the UConn schedule this week but women's hoops at any level can be a joy to behold.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom