OT but sports related. | The Boneyard

OT but sports related.

Reaction Score
I was watching the US Open last night until 8:00PM when the screen went dark. A few other channels were also dead so I rebooted my cable box. When that was done ESPN just showed a message from Spectrum explaining that Disney and Spectrum hadn't reached an agreement on how much Spectrum would pay Disney for carrying their channels - ESPN, ABC, History Channel et al. Between not being able to watch the Open and all the football games coming up, there will be lots of unhappy sports fans.

This would be a good time to ditch cable although the alternatives are now pretty pricey. I'd do it though except my wife would never figure out how to navigate getting to the programs she watches.

Perhaps this is a sign I should pick up a book more often rather than the remote.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I was watching the US Open last night until 8:00PM when the screen went dark. A few other channels were also dead so I rebooted my cable box. When that was done ESPN just showed a message from Spectrum explaining that Disney and Spectrum hadn't reached an agreement on how much Spectrum would pay Disney for carrying their channels - ESPN, ABC, History Channel et al. Between not being able to watch the Open and all the football games coming up, there will be lots of unhappy sports fans.

This would be a good time to ditch cable although the alternatives are now pretty pricey. I'd do it though except my wife would never figure out how to navigate getting to the programs she watches.

Perhaps this is a sign I should pick up a book more often rather than the remote.
Streaming services take a little while to get used to if switching from cable. Still, these service like YouTube TV and Hulu+tv carry most of what you watched on cable. I have YouTube TV now and like it, BUT because they dropped SNY I will be going to Hulu+tv. Cable always advertises that they may carry 100-150 channels, but how many channels do you actually watch. A streaming service may carry about 70, but if they have all the stations I watch than I am perfectly satisfied.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323
Top Bottom