OT: Brandon Roy injured from shooting

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Former NBA All-Star Roy injured in shooting

Remember him and Rudy go at it in the NCAAs:
52e24e235d7cfbd554838314c27fe462.jpg

Reaction Score
One of my favorite players, such a shame his career was over at 25 years old. Seems like the Trailblazers franchise is cursed. Anyways, nice to see him in the news for saving kids and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
He'll go down as one of the forgotten players in NBA history. Between his career ending so early and the fact that those precious few great seasons occurred in Portland, he'll be mostly hidden from the radar of the casual NBA fan. He could have had a Paul Pierce type career.

I know I'm supposed to be talking about him heroically saving children but I like to focus on what's important.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One of my favorite players, such a shame his career was over at 25 years old. Seems like the Trailblazers franchise is cursed. Anyways, nice to see him in the news for saving kids and hoping for a speedy recovery.

The Curse of Sam Bowie. Or the Curse of MJ. Depends on your perspective.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Basketball shoulder. The basketball equivalent of tennis elbow. Watch out Steph Curry and Michael Westbrook.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Basketball shoulder. The basketball equivalent of tennis elbow. Watch out Steph Curry and Michael Westbrook.

Michael Westbrook? The WR from the 90s Washington football team? He shot a lot of Js?

Reaction Score
Focus on what's important? He potentially saved lives. Strange statement there

Reaction Score
I know I'm supposed to be talking about him heroically saving children but I like to focus on what's important.
Focus on what's important? He potentially saved lives. Strange statement there
That's the joke.
What?
@temery This is one of those situations where I'm not sure if you got the initial sarcasm, in which case you're building one more level of sarcasm, and the joke is now on me, OR, if you didn't get the initial sarcasm, in which case you're in the same boat with the guy I quoted.

So here's what happened:
Champs was joking. He doesn't really believe that basketball is more important than shielding kids from bullets.
LI did not get the joke, so he came back with, "what a strange thing to say." We ought to invent a word that means somebody didn't get sarcasm, and responded as if it was not sarcasm.
I then responded to LI's unawareness by quoting the somewhat famous meme, "That's the joke." I'll post the meme image at the end of this message. It's what you say when somebody doesn't get the joke.
As for your reply, I just don't know. :)

thatsthejoke.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom