OT: Brady Does it Again | The Boneyard

OT: Brady Does it Again

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Let's go Pats! Wasn't worried about the outcome for even a minute. Seen this story too many times during the Brady/Belichick era. Incredible play by Gilmore on that 4th down play, and great job by Amendola stepping up in the 2nd half.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's go Pats! Wasn't worried about the outcome for even a minute. Seen this story too many times during the Brady/Belichick era. Incredible play by Gilmore on that 4th down play, and great job by Amendola stepping up in the 2nd half.

Nice signature - I almost never log in from my laptop. Didn't see it until now.

That's what happens when I try to play nice. I just hope I can be credited with a Nostical loss.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nice signature - I almost never log in from my laptop. Didn't see it until now.

That's what happens when I try to play nice. I just hope I can be credited with a Nostical loss.
Landscape on the phone shows sigs too, though I never browse that way.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Landscape on the phone shows sigs too, though I never browse that way.

It never shows it for me--i tgought it didnt work. The quote is too good to not broadcast to the world

Reaction Score
Was there ever a doubt? Death, taxes, and Brady/Belichick winning in the end.

Pats fans truly live a charmed life. And the world sucks for the rest of us.

Dilly dilly.

Reaction Score
Not how I scripted that.

Hope those two weeks are good to Gronk. Need him

Pats don’t need gronk for the Super Bowl. They didn’t need him last year, and they didn’t need him in the second half tonight. They could roll out a ball boy at tight end and Brady will throw for 300 and 3 tds in two weeks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pats don’t need gronk for the Super Bowl. They didn’t need him last year, and they didn’t need him in the second half tonight. They could roll out a ball boy at tight end and Brady will throw for 300 and 3 tds in two weeks.

Nah man, that Eagles team is legit, probably most balanced of the 4 teams. Without Gronk, Pats're in a real tough spot. They bandaided it tonight, but with a couple weeks to prepare, the Eagles will be good.

Reaction Score
Nah man, that Eagles team is legit, probably most balanced of the 4 teams. Without Gronk, Pats're in a real tough spot. They bandaided it tonight, but with a couple weeks to prepare, the Eagles will be good.
Lol just imagine if Wentz was still playing

Reaction Score
How about that Pats D? Same thing in the Superbowl. I'm not saying Brady doesn't deserve kudos, but without the D clamping down in the 2nd half of both of those games they would have lost no matter what Brady did.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How about that Pats D? Same thing in the Superbowl. I'm not saying Brady doesn't deserve kudos, but without the D clamping down in the 2nd half of both of those games they would have lost no matter what Brady did.

Jags did them a lot of favors by going super conservative for most of the half. It was very predictable.

Reaction Score

No team going against the Patriots in a Super Bowl with Nick Foles is legit. A career backup journeyman QB is about to get game-planned on for two weeks by the Patriots. The Pats used up their hard luck come-from-behind injury story in the AFCCG, and will take a Super Bowl comfortably for once.

Reaction Score
No team going against the Patriots in a Super Bowl with Nick Foles is legit. A career backup journeyman QB is about to get game-planned on for two weeks by the Patriots. The Pats used up their hard luck come-from-behind injury story in the AFCCG, and will take a Super Bowl comfortably for once.

Thats right there is why the Eagles have a chance, hearing those types comments for 2 weeks playing that underdog role. Foles is better then Bortles, Foles doesn't have to be great he just needs to be reliable, now he might have to be great in the 4th quarter going against the GOAT. The Eagles do remind me somewhat of the 1990 Giants having a backup qb in Hostetler. The Eagles do have SB experience in Malcolm Jenkins and Torrey Smith, as well as 2 former Pats Lagarrette Blount and Chris Long, they will be ready should be a close game.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Yeah, who wants a QB that went to the pro bowl in 2013 (and was named offensive MVP). Or a guy who was 26-33, for 352 YDS, 3 TD in the NFC championship team against the best defense in the league. That guy couldn't be legit. If only they had the last QB who lead the Eagles to the playoffs....what was that guy's name? Oh, it was Nick Foles.

With Wentz the Eagles were the best team in the league. With Foles, they aren't worse than second best.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Pats defense is really talented, and Belichick's best trait is probably how he forces sub par QBs into mistakes. Saw a lot of that in the 2nd half with Bortles, and I'd expect the same with Foles. Our pass rush also looked legit yesterday--James Harrison came up big at a couple of key points.

Reaction Score
He's had 2 nice games in Philly, and he played the game of his life yesterday, but there's a reason he's bounced around 3 or 4 times in the last 3 or 4 years. He's a career backup, and there's zero chance the Patriots lose a Super Bowl to a career backup.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pats defense is really talented, and Belichick's best trait is probably how he forces sub par QBs into mistakes. Saw a lot of that in the 2nd half with Bortles, and I'd expect the same with Foles. Our pass rush also looked legit yesterday--James Harrison came up big at a couple of key points.

I don't consider Foles subpar. I think he's a solid QB. He's accurate and makes good decisions. Those are the two most important qualities to have in a QB. He's more than enough for the Eagles to win.

Remember, Foles did that against one of the the Top 2 defenses in football.

As I said above, they are probably the most balanced team in football. That makes it hard to shut down their most 'dominant' aspect (ie Fournette for the Jags).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He's had 2 nice games in Philly, and he played the game of his life yesterday, but there's a reason he's bounced around 3 or 4 times in the last 3 or 4 years. He's a career backup, and there's zero chance the Patriots lose a Super Bowl to a career backup.

It wasn't the game of his life really. He had a 7 TD pass game. He became the 2nd QB ever to post a perfect passer rating while throwing for over 400 yards. He took over as a rookie in Philly when Vick was injured in 2012 and then again in 2013. He was a pro bowler in 2013. He was 6-2 in 2014 when he broke his collarbone and went on IR. Chip Kelly decided he wanted Sam Bradford and traded Foles to the Rams (under Jeff Fisher) in 2015. He wasn't good. Case Keenum, the guy he just beat, took over and he wasn't good either. Simply put, Jeff Fisher is death to QBs. The Chiefs signed him last year, because Andy Reid remembered him from Philly, but they stuck with Alex Smith. Then he came back to Philly.

He's been a starter more than he's been a backup. He's not a "career backup", and he's good enough to start over several guys who are current starters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom