OT - Bowl plans to host FSU despite questions about Seminoles' eligibility | The Boneyard

OT - Bowl plans to host FSU despite questions about Seminoles' eligibility

Reaction Score
LMAO:

Bowl plans to host FSU despite questions about Seminoles' eligibility

>>FSU’s win over FCS opponent Delaware State on Nov. 18 may not count toward bowl eligibility, according to a Thursday report by Reddit College Football.<<

>>The report states an FCS school must field a team with at least 90 percent of players on scholarship in order for a victory over it to count toward bowl eligibility.

The report found Delaware State’s average of scholarship grants-in-aid per year in football during a rolling two-year period was 54.815, or equivalent to 87 percent, short of the 90 percent threshold.<<

Reaction Score

F5E836BF-8527-4250-A092-F277A610C25D.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA knew, but hoped no one would notice. The only rule they care about is making sure that the athletes don't see a single dime.

Reaction Score
We all know about the moral values of FSU, the ACC, and the NCAA by now. No one should be shocked.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why is FSU playing Delaware st and ULM at the end of the season? Their last 3 games against OOC teams when you toss in Florida. That wacky ACC!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why is FSU playing Delaware st and ULM at the end of the season? Their last 3 games against OOC teams when you toss in Florida. That wacky ACC!

ULM was cancelled and then rescheduled because of the death storm.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Semi OT but is CCSU at the 90% mark? I believe this is part of the reason we've never played them. They wouldn't count towards bowl eligibility. Has that changed? I know there was a thread last month talking about getting them possibly on our schedule but that won't happen if they can't count towards bowl eligibility.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Semi OT but is CCSU at the 90% mark? I believe this is part of the reason we've never played them. They wouldn't count towards bowl eligibility. Has that changed? I know there was a thread last month talking about getting them possibly on our schedule but that won't happen if they can't count towards bowl eligibility.

Central and the NEC didn’t count for years because they had a 34 scholarship limit.

Now they are at 40 and the 90% rule seems to apply to them.

Central played Syracuse this year and counted.

Reaction Score
I don't know how it works for bowl eligibility but I know the NEC has lower scholarship cap than the rest of FCS

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Central and the NEC didn’t count for years because they had a 34 scholarship limit.

Now they are at 40 and the 90% rule seems to apply to them.

Central played Syracuse this year and counted.
Thanks. Forgot they played Syracuse this year. That would have been a clear answer to my question if I remembered that. No reason for Cuse to play them if they don’t count.

Reaction Score
FALSE NEWS

Media ran with a Reddit report...and Reddit did not completely understand the rule

From FSU Athletic Department,,,Delaware State certified their eligibility...

Florida State has received confirmation from Delaware State that the 90 percent requirement is satisfied for the 2017 season, allowing the victory to be used in determining bowl eligibility.

Media reports suggesting otherwise failed to account for a long-standing NCAA rules interpretation that permits institutions to use academic scholarships and other forms of non-athletics institutional aid received by student-athletes in the computation of this requirement. These media reports represent incomplete information, as they only reflect athletics scholarships received.

Rules are rules...

Reaction Score
FALSE NEWS

Media ran with a Reddit report...and Reddit did not completely understand the rule

From FSU Athletic Department,,,Delaware State certified their eligibility...

Florida State has received confirmation from Delaware State that the 90 percent requirement is satisfied for the 2017 season, allowing the victory to be used in determining bowl eligibility.

Media reports suggesting otherwise failed to account for a long-standing NCAA rules interpretation that permits institutions to use academic scholarships and other forms of non-athletics institutional aid received by student-athletes in the computation of this requirement. These media reports represent incomplete information, as they only reflect athletics scholarships received.

Rules are rules...
The redditor contacted Delaware State and the school provided data that showed only 87% of the team was on any type of aid. One school is lying here.

Reaction Score
The redditor contacted Delaware State and the school provided data that showed only 87% of the team was on any type of aid. One school is lying here.

It has to be Delaware State since they certified...but you get what you ask for...if Reddit asks for number of athletic schollies over time.....that's what they get...asked and answered.

But...if you don't know the entire rule...and you take that info and make a false assumption....well, that's what journalists often do...or folks with an agenda.

It's not necessarily defending FSU...it's correcting bad information.

Of course...some folks want so badly that the certification to be incorrect, they spasm when the actual facts come out because they oh so prefer the bad info.

Reaction Score
It has to be Delaware State since they certified...but you get what you ask for...if Reddit asks for number of athletic schollies over time.....that's what they get...asked and answered.

But...if you don't know the entire rule...and you take that info and make a false assumption....well, that's what journalists often do...or folks with an agenda.

It's not necessarily defending FSU...it's correcting bad information.

Of course...some folks want so badly that the certification to be incorrect, they spasm when the actual facts come out because they oh so prefer the bad info.
"if Reddit asks"

You don't even know what reddit is, do you? It was literally just some guy. Reddit is not a newspaper or blog. It's essentially just a forum like this is. Here is that persons response

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom