OT - Boston College is hiring Ohio State's Martin Jarmond as AD | The Boneyard

OT - Boston College is hiring Ohio State's Martin Jarmond as AD

Reaction Score
A Buckeye "booster" friend says he's the real deal. He was a VCU BBall player and knows/respects UConn's pedigree in both MBB and WBB. I'd love to see David Benedict work together with the new BC AD to help improve the college sports landscape in New England. Love to see more BC natural rivalry games with us become institutionalized in all sports--especially football. Jarmond certainly has his work cut out for him in Chestnut Hill. As a Bostonian, I'd love to see an increase in college sports interest in Boston. Right now it couldn't get much lower--especially from the media--and that hurts UConn too. I wish him well.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This guy could be the wizard of oz, but with no help from the President's office and a change in culture by everyone, he has a snowballs chance in he** of making a mark here. Surprised he took the job, quite frankly.

Reaction Score
37! Wow! Not a lot of folks that age running those types of businesses. He will also need to be very politically asstute.

Reaction Score
This guy could be the wizard of oz, but with no help from the President's office and a change in culture by everyone, he has a snowballs chance in he** of making a mark here. Surprised he took the job, quite frankly.
They are funding athletic facility improvements with new baseball and softball stadiums and practice fields (under construction), a new indoor football field house starts construction in June and a student recreation center starts construction in July. this puts BC about 20 years behind most of the college athletic world instead of 50.

Reaction Score
Seems like an odd hire because BC and tOSU could not be more different in every regard. If this signals that BC has changed its view of the role athletics plays at the school, we're screwed. The last thing we need is for BC to take sports seriously and start investing in facilities.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think Leahy just gave the AD a $200 million capital fund.

Reaction Score
I looked at the BC site and the only football facility is a new indoor football field and new weight room. Very nice building, but the rest is for a student rec center and a baseball stadium seating 1,000.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom