OT Boosting Water Pressure | The Boneyard

OT Boosting Water Pressure

Reaction Score
Anyone ever have to do this?
Yes, but it was 23 years ago when we bought the house. It's a small device that is attached to the water line that comes into the house in the basement. I don't remember it costing much or being a big deal for the plumber to install.

Reaction Score
What is your pressure now? Are you on a well or pud?

Don't know, have to check it, but the washing machine won't run cause theirs nit eniugh force to draw water into the unit.

Reaction Score
Don't know, have to check it, but the washing machine won't run cause theirs nit eniugh force to draw water into the unit.
sounds like sediment in the line blocking the flow to the washer. Is there bad pressure anywhere else?

Reaction Score
sounds like sediment in the line blocking the flow to the washer. Is there bad pressure anywhere else?

The main shower flow could use some help. The road is elevated a bit, but we're not at the very top.

Reaction Score
The main shower flow could use some help. The road is elevated a bit, but we're not at the very top.

Typically, where the water main enters the hose there is a pressure regulator that can be adjusted to increase the pressure, unless you are on well water.

Reaction Score
Typically, where the water main enters the hose there is a pressure regulator that can be adjusted to increase the pressure, unless you are on well water.

I'll take a look at it in the morning. Thanks

Reaction Score
If you have a well, your pressure switch and/or air tank could be off. You'll probably find out if you have well or city water as you go through the troubleshooting process.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
or perhaps carbon on the valves?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m sure you have but did you try to clean the little filter on the end of the supply hose?

Wouldnt be the issue right now but a couple years ago we were getting an error code were there wasn’t enough water to fill the machine during very cold winter days. After trying a lot of google troubleshooting I figured out that water was freezing or turning to slush because the washer was fed by a pipe that ran along an under-insulated wall along our mudroom. I tore down the drywall and reinsulated and put up better drywall. Fixed the problem. Wife saw it as an opportunity for me to put up shiplap planks in the mudroom.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom