OT: Bob & Phil Duo Tour | The Boneyard

OT: Bob & Phil Duo Tour

Reaction Score
Wondering if anyone here caught the Bob & Phil show on 3/3 at Radio City this past weekend - the one where Trey joined them for the 2nd set. I know there are quite a few Deadheads and Phish fans here on the 'Yard so I'm curious what anyone thought of it if they got to attend or listen.

I was in the 2nd Mezzanine and thought the first set was just okay. The lack of a full band kept Bob and Phil at a slow pace, which is probably expected given their age these days. West LA was refreshing exception however. I was happy the rumors of Trey sitting in proved to be true because I thought he brought some great energy and direction to what became a pretty awesome second set. As someone who's a fan of both bands but a younger Deadhead (Dead & Co. is my GD experience by default), it was cool to see some of my favorite musicians share the stage for a set in NYC.

Highlights (IMO) of the second set: Jack Straw, Eyes, Viola Lee. Here's a link that someone over on Phish.Net posted in case anyone wants to give it a listen:

Reaction Score
ugh....I sold my ticket at the last moment

Reaction Score
Nah. Still digging on the three Dead and Co. shows in Mexico!!!!
When worlds collide. A fraternity brother of mine who's a Facebook friend was also at the Mexico shows. Your name isn't Chuck, is it?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
also, just for your handle, OP.

giphy.gif

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Know folks who went but I didn't go
I did purchase the shows however
I found them to be refreshing and different - dug on the acoustic jam in PITB with Trey - neat to see them treat it as if it was a GD show and not an acoustic gig
Phil's voice still gives me the shakes - I can do without it
Nice change of pace - listening to it now!

Reaction Score
When worlds collide. A fraternity brother of mine who's a Facebook friend was also at the Mexico shows. Your name isn't Chuck, is it?
Heh, nope. Ironically, though, in the sea of 6000 people, I randomly (twice) ended up standing next to a guy from my tiny hometown - Washington, CT. Crazy. His brother was in my class and we looked alot a like to the point that in elementary school, they called us "twins".

Reaction Score
You went? Sweet.
Yes indeed. Frickin awesome. Well worth the price. Everything was all-inclusive, including all the alcohol and food at the venue. Never seen such a massive army of mexicans carrying trays of drinks. Nuts.

Apparently they did it last year with SCI under the name "Los Muertos con Queso". Hope they do it again next year, we're in again, if possible. We'd probably do it somewhat differently to make it less of a compressed insanity tour than it was arriving the day of the first show and then leaving the day after the last show.

None of the 6 or so biggest restaurants at the resort opened for dinner until 6, but you had to be on your way to the show by then, and none them opened for lunch, so we lost out on that experience.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Streaming via YouTube now.
Still can't figure out how to Chromecast UConnHuskyGames from phone/tablet to watch the Temple game before the AAC Tournament.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yes indeed. Frickin awesome. Well worth the price. Everything was all-inclusive, including all the alcohol and food at the venue. Never seen such a massive army of mexicans carrying trays of drinks. Nuts.

Yeah a few friends went. Said it was a blast.

Reaction Score
Hitch-hiked from UConn with a friend to the first GD appearance at Radio City in a driving rainstorm in 1980. Still a frosh so no car!!! Dropped off under an overpass on 84 and picked up by a guy working the show who took us to the front door. Magic.

went to 10/31/80 at RCMH as Uncle Sam

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom