OT... Black History Month... | The Boneyard

OT... Black History Month...

Reaction Score
I labeled this off topic because there is so much criticism on the forum if something is not specifically related to the woman's basketball team.
Like myself a fan of all UConn sports / athletes I believe there are some here that are also fans of more than just the women's team. This is related to men's basketball but much bigger than that the early days of the university and the student body integrity. Not so much for the coaching staff who dropped the ball.
I post this here for those that may not get UConn Foundation literature... A very good read in my opinion.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
That WAS a very good article. Thanks for sharing.

sun

Reaction Score
Wonderful story.
Vince Lombardi was also a coach who wouldn't tolerate racial discrimination against minorities on his team.
In some NFL cities, they couldn't take the same charter bus, couldn't stay in the same hotel, or eat at the same restaurants with their teammates.
Vince put an end to that and wouldn't do business with any place that wouldn't accept the whole team.
Some of the players may have needed to enter the restaurant through the back door, but everyone was able to get in and be served.
And this type of discrimination occurred up until about the early1960's.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wonderful story.
Vince Lombardi was also a coach who wouldn't tolerate racial discrimination against minorities on his team.
In some NFL cities, they couldn't take the same charter bus, couldn't stay in the same hotel, or eat at the same restaurants with their teammates.
Vince put an end to that and wouldn't do business with any place that wouldn't accept the whole team.
Some of the players may have needed to enter the restaurant through the back door, but everyone was able to get in and be served.
And this type of discrimination occurred up until about the early1960's.

Lombardi's Packers put several players into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Herb Adderley, Willie Wood, and Willie Davis were among them. Adderley and Wood were among the best cover guys of all time. Vince believed in a meritocracy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom