OT: Bizzare Flight Incidents | The Boneyard

OT: Bizzare Flight Incidents

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know if their number has shot up lately, or it is just part of the over-information internet age, but it sure seems like the genie of bizzare air flight behavior has been let out of the bottle! Viz:

Drunk man arrested for peeing on passenger during flight to Japan

I've led a charmed life in flying. My most "bizarre" incident occured in Heathrow before we ever took off. We were waiting to board in the lounge and we were getting late to board. A couple of British Air ground personnel came in and oh so politely explained that dues to a number of last minute bookings, we were 17 meals short and they could not take off UNLESS 17 of us gave up our dining privilege! Rapidly a bunch of us did so, but they still were 5 meals short. Air crew 5. The British Air rep pointed out it was a very bad idea to ask the flight crew to go hungry. No one else budged!! Then, an hour plus after we were suppose to be in the air, to their credit the BA rep announced that in 5 minutes the flight would be canceled. Yes, we got 5 more to forgo their meal.

Not mankind's finest moment. The irony of all this was it was a Concord flight and unlimited quantities of the finest nuts and champagne were available on the flight AND it was the only flight out of Heathrow, since there was a baggage handlers strike (Concord joint French/British and free of such nonsense).

I'm sure there are a whole host of you who fly so much and have better tales to tell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom