OT: Bill Walton Dead at 71 | The Boneyard

OT: Bill Walton Dead at 71

Reaction Score
My pick as the best college player ever. Foot issues shortened his pro career.
Mine, too, Alydar. He was a joy to watch play basketball before injuries took their toll.

He was also a joy to hear in courtside analysis, if one could make one's way around his rather idiosyncratic personality. He knew the game, and was very smart.

RIP, Bill.

Reaction Score
I met Bill Walton once. Went up to him and told him I'd like to shake the hand of the greatest college basketball player I've ever seen. He glanced around in surprise and said "Is Kareem here?" I responded that Kareem never went 21 for 22 in a championship game. He said that Kareem didn't have to have to, his games were over in the first half. We exchanged a few more pleasantries, I wished him well and he thanked me for coming up and talking with him. Completely gracious and charming, a gentlemen in the best sense of the word.

I was saddened to learn of his loss; the world is a much less interesting and joyous place without him.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I loved that season when he was the sixth man with the Celtics. He hadn’t had a good season for a few years, but the Celts used him brilliantly and he fit them perfectly. Check out the third paragraph in the Celtics section of his wikipedia page.

Reaction Score
I loved that season when he was the sixth man with the Celtics. He hadn’t had a good season for a few years, but the Celts used him brilliantly and he fit them perfectly. Check out the third paragraph in the Celtics section of his wikipedia page.

He was still outstanding but only for 10-15 min. I used to think the Celtics were better with him than Parish. But boy did I hate him when he played for UCLA. ;)

Reaction Score
The '85-'86 Celtics were magical, and for my money, the greatest NBA team ever. Bill Walton was a huge part of that team and he won the 6th man of the year award. RIP Bill, you were much beloved by all, your contributions in life and in basketball will never be forgotten.

Reaction Score
May his soul RIP!!
This darn disease affects far too many people. Babies/toddlers, children, young adult, middle-aged, seniors, and the aged have all suffered so much from this disease. I’m still hoping for a cure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom