OT: Big Ten Standings After Non-Conference Schedule Is Complete | The Boneyard

OT: Big Ten Standings After Non-Conference Schedule Is Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Except for that one little game next week:

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 11h11 hours ago
Big Ten WBB nonconference play wrapped up tonight (except for UMD-UConn game next Thursday); conf. season kicks off next Wednesday, Dec. 28.

C0VEz-zXUAAINQV.jpg

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I went to Rutgers and all I can say is... poor Rutgers. They should have just given us their spot in the B10.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I went to Rutgers and all I can say is... poor Rutgers. They should have just given us their spot in the B10.
I just 'got' your handle.... duh.

Reaction Score

Being a proud NJ resident, it is disturbing to watch so many great recruits in all sports leaving the state to play for more prestigious programs...........I guess Rutgers could just give up on athletics...............they would be a powerhouse in DII!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I just 'got' your handle.... duh.

Nuyoika - I'm no expert in Brooklynese, but I had always thought that the "oi" sound
was to be substituted for the "er" and "ur" sounds, but not the "or" sound. If this is
true then shouldn't your handle be something more like "Nuyawka"?

Reaction Score
My father was born and raised in Brooklyn, he did not have a distinct Brooklyn accent, except for adding er in place of a at the end of a word, Emmer, bananer etc.

Damn autocorrect

Reaction Score
My father was born and raised in Brooklyn, he did not have a distinct Brooklyn accent, except for adding er in place of a at the end of a word, Emmer, bananer etc. . .

After listening to Red Sox announcer Jerry Remy for many seasons I was beginning to think that
substituting "er" for a final "a" was the exclusive provence of eastern Mass.

Reaction Score
After listening to Red Sox announcer Jerry Remy for many seasons I was beginning to think that
substituting "er" for a final "a" was the exclusive provence of eastern Mass.

I agree, President Kennedy did the same thing. My dad's much older syblings had a heavy Brooklyn accent while the brother closest to him in age had a little accent.

While my paternal grandmother had almost a southern, very lilting and soft, while her sister had a heavy accent. Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom