OT best horror movies | The Boneyard

OT best horror movies

Reaction Score
Since we are approaching halloween lets list the best or gut wrenching horror movies

House of 1000 Corpses
the Excorcist
Friday 13th
Night mare on Elm Street
Hostel
Saw
Wrong Turn

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It was a different time at the movies then, but I have never seen the level of anxiety before or after that was present in the theater when I saw The Exorcist way back when.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'll always consider The Shining the best. Not much gratuitous gore (other than the elevator), or eyeballs coming out of sockets, but man did that movie make it hard to sleep for a while.

The best movies/tv shows are minimalistic. Less is more.

Reaction Score
Any Dracula movie with Christopher Lee except for one when he tried to be funny.

Reaction Score
If you wanna test your stomach watch Human Centipede, there also Human Centipede 2

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
The first two (original) "Halloween" flicks, 28 days/weeks later, Hills Have Eyes

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll always consider The Shining the best. Not much gratuitous gore (other than the elevator), or eyeballs coming out of sockets, but man did that movie make it hard to sleep for a while.
Came here to post exactly that. Just yesterday I screamed "red rum" and was freaked out by the vision of those twin girls in the hallway.

When I was younger I remember a movie called "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" that freaked me out for a while. All I recall now is a woman being carried away by some goblin creatures that lived in her fireplace or something, and she was trying unsuccessfully to use her camera flash to ward them off, because they didn't like the light and only came out in the dark--hence the name. Haven't seen it in probably 35 years and now I'm finally curious enough to see it again. Gotta try and track that down.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"

There's a modern remake of this movie on Netflix, was pretty good

Reaction Score
I'm sure my selection will look like it was ripped off the top 100 horror movies of all time, but my tops are:

The Thing
The Shining
Exorcist
Halloween
Ringu
Black Christmas

Good call on Don't Be Afraid of the Dark! I remember my older brother and sister babysitting me and hiding from me while whispering, 'Sally, Sally." They scarred me for sure.

Has anyone seen a movie called Ghost House? I found it at a youth hostel in Busan. It was by an Italian director and was actually pretty awful, especially the acting. It's about a little girl and her clown who begin by killing her parents and then everyone else in the movie. Anyway, before someone is killed a strange lullaby is heard accompanied by the strangest and creepiest voice. I'd only recommend finding it if you're a horror film geek.

Reaction Score
Exorcist

The Omen
When A Stranger Calls (original with Carol Kane and Charles Dunning)

Reaction Score
Kind of obsessed with horror movies. The Shining is awesome, Steohen King's It, The Omen. Horror movies kind of suck nowadays but enjoyed Insidious and Sinister, heard The Conjuring is also good.

Reaction Score
Since we are approaching halloween lets list the best or gut wrenching horror movies

House of 1000 Corpses
the Excorcist
Friday 13th
Night mare on Elm Street
Hostel
Saw
Wrong Turn

Elite Eight game vs George Mason. Terrifying. Slept with one eye open for weeks.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Two movies that were very scary when I was young, but not horror movies, were "Wait Until Dark" and "Alien." I was very young for the "Wait Until Dark" movie and think that that had a lot to do with how scary it seemed. The original Alien created amazing tension as they ran around tight corridors with the prospect of something terrifyingly deadly and "alien" possibly around the corner, underneath their feet, or above in the ceiling.

Reaction Score
The Conjuring is great...top 3 on my all time list and maybe number 1. Go see it.

Recent other real good ones: Sinister, Insidious, Drag Me to Hell, and Paranormal Activity 1, 2 and 3 (2 and 3 are the better than 1; 4 is bad)

Older great ones: Halloween, Poltergeist, Exorcist, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, When a Stranger Calls, Scream, Alien, Aliens, The Shining

Reaction Score
The Conjuring is great...top 3 on my all time list and maybe number 1. Go see it.

Recent other real good ones: Sinister, Insidious, Drag Me to Hell, and Paranormal Activity 1, 2 and 3 (2 and 3 are the better than 1; 4 is bad)

Older great ones: Halloween, Poltergeist, Exorcist, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, When a Stranger Calls, Scream, Alien, Aliens, The Shining

Yeah I missed the easy one's for our age group......I mean Halloween and Friday the 13th have to be on if for nothing other than being able to see them in a drive in with your date and they were so scared they had to hide their head somewhere!!;)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Maybe it's because it had been too hyped up for me, but when I finally saw The Shining a few years ago, I was reeeeally bored.

Anyone watch Event Horizon? That movie gave me a nightmare or two... not a classic horror movie per se though.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's because it had been too hyped up for me, but when I finally saw The Shining a few years ago, I was reeeeally bored.

Anyone watch Event Horizon? That movie gave me a nightmare or two... not a classic horror movie per se though.

there's a documentary on Netflix now about the making of the Shining where a bunch of people with no life speculate on what Kubrick was saying in it. Room 237 it's called

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom