OT- Best deli in CT. | The Boneyard

OT- Best deli in CT.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Italian: A&S in Fairfield and Gaetano's in Stratford.

Jewish: Rein's in Vernon.

Reaction Score
There is nothing that makes me more confused then when people say Rein's is a "good" jewish deli. If you want to go to a GOOD jewish deli in CT, go to Katz's in Woodbridge, you will never want to go back to Rein's.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is nothing that makes me more confused than when people assume that their own personal preferences for what is "good" or "best" are the standards by which all others should conduct their affairs.

Reaction Score
There is nothing that makes me more confused than when people assume that their own personal preferences for what is "good" or "best" are the standards by which all others should conduct their affairs.
Go to Katz's in Woodbridge and then you will understand.

Reaction Score
Salerno's in Torrington, CT. used to have the Godfather it was the best Italian grinder I've ever had. I've been back in more recent years and it's still good but not what it was. Carbone's is a Torrington classic huge sandwiches, Alfredo's is also good. Cavallo's in Waterbury is better than Nardelli's which gets the national pub.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Salerno's in Torrington, CT. used to have the Godfather it was the best Italian grinder I've ever had. I've been back in more recent years and it's still good but not what it was. Carbone's is a Torrington classic huge sandwiches, Alfredo's is also good. Cavallo's in Waterbury is better than Nardelli's which gets the national pub.

That is the Torrington Trilogy for sure. I love Carbones, just don't look at the dust that has collected on top of that 1980's NYGiants Beach Ball.

Reaction Score
There is nothing that makes me more confused then when people say Rein's is a "good" jewish deli. If you want to go to a GOOD jewish deli in CT, go to Katz's in Woodbridge, you will never want to go back to Rein's.
It's definitely a good Jewish deli, but I do think it's quite overrated. I've had much better in NY and just as good (if not better) from both Oscar's and Gold's in Westport.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Another vote for Katz's. Always stopped there when coming into the valley to visit my folks. My dad especially loved it.

Can never understand the "Deli's" here in the west, their pastrami and corned beef has 0 fat on them which makes it tasteless.

Reaction Score
Been to both and I know we're taking CT but once you go to Carnegie you are ruined for life.

Reaction Score
Franklin Ave Giant Grinder hands down! They put 6 inches of meat on their grinders, its ridiculous. Been going their since I was a kid.

Reaction Score
Franklin Ave Giant Grinder hands down! They put 6 inches of meat on their grinders, its ridiculous. Been going their since I was a kid.

Is it true that Franklin isn't what it used to be? I hear that a lot.

Reaction Score
Is it true that Franklin isn't what it used to be? I hear that a lot.

I heard the same because there was about a 10 year gap since this last year and my last visit. I must be honest, I'm not seeing the difference as they still pile the meat a mile high on the grinders. I got a half of a ham about two weeks ago and EASILY could of stopped after eating the first half..... Of course I kept going! Also, they have these draft beer deals like 22 oz's Miller Lite for like $5, crazy! I roll myself out of there when I go.....

Reaction Score
Wallingford has 3 great ones
Rosa's Deli
Little Italy
Vinny's Deli

I'm preferential to Little Italy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads