OT-Ben Gordon | The Boneyard

OT-Ben Gordon

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My God
I hate to see one of my all time favorite Huskies going down this road
Just wondering if the fact that he failed to get himself on an NBA squad this year really screwed him up.
I can't imagine he went through all his millions but just maybe the case
I pray BG gets help and not just thrown aside in some federal prison
This is where JC is needed - in cases like these - not to babysit for KO

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It may be too late for BG.... unfortunately.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can we just pin an official Ben Gordon self-destruction thread? Seeing a new thread like this every week is passing painful.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
He needs help and I really hope someone can step up. Calhoun and the University should put all their resources at his disposal. Have an intervention. Get him into a treatment facility.

Reaction Score
He needs help and I really hope someone can step up. Calhoun and the University should put all their resources at his disposal. Have an intervention. Get him into a treatment facility.
It's so sad. He's completely dusted in these social media posts he makes threatening people. Looks like he's aged about 20 years.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It's so sad. He's completely dusted in these social media posts he makes threatening people. Looks like he's aged about 20 years.

It really is. I am not sure how his former coaches and teammates could see that and let him throw away everything he worked so hard for. He may have already alienated them all, who knows.

There is an entire state that should have Ben Gordon's back. I hope someone with the resources can make a difference before it is too late.

Reaction Score
It really is. I am not sure how his former coaches and teammates could see that and let him throw away everything he worked so hard for. He may have already alienated them all, who knows.

There is an entire state that should have Ben Gordon's back. I hope someone with the resources can make a difference before it is too late.
It does also appear that he doesn't think he has a problem, or didn't a few weeks back during that first arrest. I'd hope some people would have his back, but he needs to be able to accept help.

Reaction Score

My guess is they've reached out but what can they do? You can't force an adult into treatment. Hopefully he gets some real prison time here and is forced into real treatment. It might be the only chance he has.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
My guess is they've reached out but what can they do? You can't force an adult into treatment. Hopefully he gets some real prison time here and is forced into real treatment. It might be the only chance he has.

Right, for some people that is Rock Bottom. Hope his isn't lower than that.

Reaction Score
Looking at the clips, his posts and stories, it seems he has had a full blown psychotic break. Sad.

Reaction Score
It does also appear that he doesn't think he has a problem, or didn't a few weeks back during that first arrest. I'd hope some people would have his back, but he needs to be able to accept help.
I think that's the problem. I'd be shocked if his UConn family hadn't reached out, but there isn't much that can be done. It's his life and his money. Most of his issues have been a sign of mental health issues... or just being a bad guy. He never seemed like a warm and fuzzy guy, but to me it seems unlikely that he was able to mostly behave for 30 years and then decided to act like a punk. There has to be a mental health issue here.

Someone in his circle has to step up and either get Ben to see his destructive ways, or take a bigger step towards legal intervention. Maybe this latest transgression, when added to the others, will allow some court-initiated help under the threat of real jail time.

Separately, it really seemed like Jeff Adrien was in a similar state for a while. But I looked him up and it seems like he's been playing professionally in Israel for a couple years now, and made the all star team this year.

Reaction Score
Well, he did tell the guy to give him back his money in that video a few weeks back. Should have payed him what he owed him.

Reaction Score
This ongoing behavior has to be the reason why he was never honored in the Husky Ring of Honor . There was talk that it was just a scheduling conflict thing but being out of the game this long, that’s clearly not the issue. He had a marvelous career for us and it’s a shame he was never recognized before he lost his marbles.

Reaction Score
Getting back your security deposit is robbery? Look, he shouldn’t have forced the issue but it’s headlined and depicted like he held up a 7-11.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

An involuntary commitment proceeding could be initiated, but they're really tough to prove up. Another possibility would be a psych evaluation prior to any court disposition of his case, on grounds that he's not mentally competent to enter a plea or stand trial. That would likely result in a treatment recommendation.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's the shame of it.
Knowing you and your inability to post without either attacking or being condescending towards another poster, I’m sure you’re being facetious. But since this is a UConn Men’s Basketball board, I choose to post about things related to the program. In this case, I think it’s sad one of the greatest players in our program was never properly honored. And yes, it’s also a shame Ben is so troubled. I hope he gets serious help soon before it’s too late.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think that's the problem. I'd be shocked if his UConn family hadn't reached out, but there isn't much that can be done. It's his life and his money. Most of his issues have been a sign of mental health issues... or just being a bad guy. He never seemed like a warm and fuzzy guy, but to me it seems unlikely that he was able to mostly behave for 30 years and then decided to act like a punk. There has to be a mental health issue here.

Someone in his circle has to step up and either get Ben to see his destructive ways, or take a bigger step towards legal intervention. Maybe this latest transgression, when added to the others, will allow some court-initiated help under the threat of real jail time.

Separately, it really seemed like Jeff Adrien was in a similar state for a while. But I looked him up and it seems like he's been playing professionally in Israel for a couple years now, and made the all star team this year.

Hopefully whoever, if anyone, treated him, they'll also be able to reach Gordon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom