OT: beautiful story...golf...Pratima Sherpa | The Boneyard

OT: beautiful story...golf...Pratima Sherpa

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
From living in a shed to the range with Tiger, Pratima Sherpa's whirlwind week in America - Golf Digest

The link is to a story unfolding as I type....about a teen from Nepal who is in the middle of her dream to be a pro golfer. She and her folks live in a shed in Nepal at this point...who knows the future?

About two weeks ago I saw a 30 minute feature on ESPNews about this young lady. It focused on her attempt to qualify as a pro from Nepal last summer....she fell short. It is about time for her to try again...I believe she is now 18. It was an incredible show....made you root for Pratima start to finish. The link takes you to a story about a recent trip to the USA and how that went....and who she met. The author often mentions tears flowing here and there....the TV show would bring a rainfall not just a drizzle.

Here's hoping for updates from ESPN [or the Golf Channel...do it!!] as events unfold in Nepal this summer.
God bless this kid....she comes across as one beautiful soul.

I kinda hope she somehow gets a college scholarship offer...and she IS a good player...and then develops her abilities on and off the course for 4 years and then turns pro....but from what I read she wants to turn pro as soon as possible for her family's economic situation.

This truly is one fantastic story.

Pratima Sherpa...remember that name.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
I'm quite a softie when it comes to sad/happy movies, stories etc. I have cried at more shows than I ever want to count. It does invoke tears to hear and see stories like this. How can I (we) possibly understand what this young lady is fighting for? I fervently pray for her success.
I am not a Tiger fan and never have been. It's all about my perception of how he treats his fans. Kudos to him for taking time to lift this person's spirit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom