OT: BC's New AD | The Boneyard

OT: BC's New AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UConn9604

There are conflicting reports as to who will be named BC's new AD later today. Jersey Guy is reporting that it's former football player (and Justice Department official and FBI agent?) Quentin Williams, while other reports had it pegged as Boo Corrigan, son of former ACC Commissioner Gene Corrigan.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/...director-search-quentin-williams-boo-corrigan

I had thought for sure that it would be Corrigan, which would be like buying "Please Don't Kick Us Out of the ACC" insurance. Then again, having more cops around BC's athletes can't be a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Brad Bates Announced As Boston College Athletic Director:

Bates has been the Director of Athletics in Oxford, Ohio since 2002. Under his watch, the RedHawks football program made back-to-back bowl appearances (2003-04) for the first time in nearly 30 years. Over that time span, Miami has also won conference championships in football, women's cross country, ice hockey (CCHA), baseball, men's and women's basketball, volleyball, men's and women's swimming and diving, field hockey, soccer, tennis, softball and synchronized skating.

The Miami RedHawks hockey program, in particular, has enjoyed tremendous success over the past few years, an OT goal away from bringing home the school's first ice hockey National Championship in 2009. Under Enrico Blasi, the RedHawks have been a staple of college hockey's postseason, reaching the NCAA Tournament in each of the last seven seasons.

Bates has also overseen the renovation of several of the RedHawks athletics facilities, including a new softball field, ice hockey arena and a renovated field hockey field.

Prior to his stint at Miami, Bates spent 17 years at Vanderbilt, starting out as Head Strength Coach and working his way through to the department to Senior Associate AD. He also served as Head Strength Coach at Colorado and as a Grad Assistant at his alma mater, Michigan, where he played defensive back as a walk-on for legendary coach Bo Schembechler.

.ajerseyguy.com off by Poughkeepsie.

Also:
http://bostonherald.com/sports/college/football/view.bg?articleid=1061166431&srvc=sports&position=4

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jerseyguy must have the worst sources in the world. He wrote Bates off as recently as yesterday.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to what effect, if any, this has on the UConn/BC relationship.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to what effect, if any, this has on the UConn/BC relationship.

Considering that Bates and WM are both UM Football alum it will be interesting. Shoule be his (Bates) second move after finding a football coach :)

Reaction Score
None. The MI connection with Manual does not overlap.

He will follow the direction regarding FB scheduling to the degree his bosses and alumni demand things. For the foreseeable future, look at both Uconn's and BC's OOC schedules. Not happening anytime soon. And neither team really has room for BB with 18 game league schedules.

Reaction Score
None. The MI connection with Manual does not overlap.

He will follow the direction regarding FB scheduling to the degree his bosses and alumni demand things. For the foreseeable future, look at both Uconn's and BC's OOC schedules. Not happening anytime soon. And neither team really has room for BB with 18 game league schedules.

Yeah, no room in basketball but can fit in Fairfield.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
For the foreseeable future, look at both Uconn's and BC's OOC schedules. Not happening anytime soon.
Not sure where you're getting that from - ACC went with 8-game conference schedule, BC only has a full OOC slate in 2014. UConn has a lot of work to do on the scheduling front. 2013 is full and after that we have a slew of openings, a few created by UCF's inclusion in the conference.

Reaction Score
The Miami RedHawks hockey program, in particular, has enjoyed tremendous success over the past few years, an OT goal away from bringing home the school's first ice hockey National Championship in 2009. Under Enrico Blasi, the RedHawks have been a staple of college hockey's postseason, reaching the NCAA Tournament in each of the last seven seasons.

Woooooooooooooooooo

Reaction Score
There are conflicting reports as to who will be named BC's new AD later today. Jersey Guy is reporting that it's former football player (and Justice Department official and FBI agent?) Quentin Williams, while other reports had it pegged as Boo Corrigan, son of former ACC Commissioner Gene Corrigan.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/...director-search-quentin-williams-boo-corrigan

I had thought for sure that it would be Corrigan, which would be like buying "Please Don't Kick Us Out of the ACC" insurance. Then again, having more cops around BC's athletes can't be a bad thing.

Guy has a mess to clean up. Will be interesting to see if he takes the bull by the horns or placates to the overall lack of leadership in that institution.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It would be nice if he can bring them back to respectability, and restore amicable relations with UConn. I think it would be good for both schools. I know there is a lot of hate...but with Flipper gone, now is the time to be the bigger man and mend the fences.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the Rico Blasi failboat to make another stop come March in HE

can i get your thoughts on this hire? keeps puck in check and hopefully leads fball back to life? is that the thought?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It would be nice if he can bring them back to respectability, and restore amicable relations with UConn. I think it would be good for both schools. I know there is a lot of hate...but with Flipper gone, now is the time to be the bigger man and mend the fences.

...or stated another way, despite hating BCU, we benefit from mending fences with BCU. We a regional opponent that we can beat and we lose someone actively blocking us with the ACC. The problem is that I'm not sure that they gain much, and they potentially have a lot to lose. I don't think much changes, aside from the vitriol being dialed back a notch.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, it's a win-win. They need a rival, they have one, we each have new blood leading the discussions - no Flipper, no JC. This will happen. It ain't gonna be job#1 for either school or AD, but it will happen.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He wasn't my first or second choice for hire. He has his detractors from Miami but who doesn't after a 10+ year tenure? You don't get to the power that these people are in without stepping on toes and pissing off poeople.

Granted the hockey program doesn't need anything but it is nice to have someone that comes from a school where there are 3 major sports. Who also understands the program York has built and York himself.

Ultimately whoever was hired would be judged by the football hire in 2 months which is the most important BC hire in recent memory.

i agree with what u said about the fball hire for sure. is it that 100% in minds that spaz is gone and u guys are looking? any names sticking out yet?

Reaction Score
Funny how message board guys always have better names than the ones who actually interview.

Reaction Score
Funny how message board guys always have better names than the ones who actually interview.

lol

Remember the BC poster who stated the Edsall was as good as gone for the ND job because at his tailgate he met someone who new someone. He was dead serious and it was some very funny . BC is a wonderful education, but some of what we see on these boards makes me wonder. Chesco-esq....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom