OT: Bars in Montreal | The Boneyard

OT: Bars in Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm staying downtown and would prefer somewhere within walking distance. Y'all know what to do. Many thanks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Go to Rue Drummond and you pretty much can't go wrong.

Reaction Score
How old are you?

If you are 18-29 ... you want Chestnut Street. Lots of college & Bohemian lifestyle.

29-55 ... I like Ste Laurent for higher end dining & clubs. But music wise (non Jazz fest time) there are several around Ste Denis. I like the Blues bar called Bistro JoJo. Other venues circle that street.

Night? There are LOTS of clubs start at 2am. Too late for me.

Gentlemen? Wanda's on deMaissoneuve. Or Chez Paris near Ste Catherine. SuperSex is sleazy. Anything you want is on CraigsList. And it's not against the law.

Reaction Score
The bar at the Queue de Cheval is a great place to grab a drink. And the restaurant is top notch.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How old are you?

If you are 18-29 ... you want Chestnut Street. Lots of college & Bohemian lifestyle.

29-55 ... I like Ste Laurent for higher end dining & clubs. But music wise (non Jazz fest time) there are several around Ste Denis. I like the Blues bar called Bistro JoJo. Other venues circle that street.

Night? There are LOTS of clubs start at 2am. Too late for me.

Gentlemen? Wanda's on deMaissoneuve. Or Chez Paris near Ste Catherine. SuperSex is sleazy. Anything you want is on CraigsList. And it's not against the law.

Almost stopped at Bistro JoJo a few minutes ago. Now that I know it has your recommendation I'll try to work it in.

Reaction Score
Love Montreal. Had my bachelor's party there and enjoyed some really good steak dinners, a couple of Cubans (are they still illegal in the US?), caught a Canadians game, and checking out some of the finer establishments on St. Catherine's Street all while trying to avoid all of the drunk 18 to 21 year old Americans from the Northeast who flock there. About a decade later, and happily married, visited for work and still enjoyed the steak houses and hockey, though now prefer the nightlife around the 'old city' near Hotel de Ville (City Hall) as its calmer, a bit more refined and couple small sports for Jazz. That said, did venture up to Crescent Street one night (summer trip), pulled-up a chair on a balcony bar and just watched the world go by wondering if I ever acted that foolish when I was younger.

Reaction Score
Also had my bachelor party there. Forgot where I stayed but there is plenty to do once you get downtown. The poutine there isn't as good as Quebec City but still decent. Go for some bloody Caesar's too.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Some great Deli in Montreal . Pastrami, not Turkey
Shut Up! And eat the Mojo Sandwich, commie!
images

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Bar Aigle Noir

Huge sports bar, the place to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors