OT: B1G Pride, Maryland Players Can't Name VP of US | The Boneyard

OT: B1G Pride, Maryland Players Can't Name VP of US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe they can go for a little run. His residence is a couple miles from where the interview was conducted, and he just happens to hail from the next state over.

Reaction Score
Kimmel did a segment like this about a week ago walking around LA. Results were basically the same.

Reaction Score
I'm not quite sure whether we've gotten less educated as a culture, or just differently educated.
60 years ago, the VP may have been a bigger deal, or gotten more air time, and the like. There were 3 channels on TV, the newspaper, and not much else.
Now it's a zillion pipelines of whatever-you'd-like being streamed in 24/7. Where does the VP fit in all of that? Said differently, who the heck cares who the VP is anymore?
I hope that doesn't sound like I'm abrogating my civic duty to encourage youngsters to know about our government, but, in the end, knowing who the VP is is about as important to most people's lives as knowing when to use the German umlat.

I think if you concocted a quiz of some basic info and asked people at the mall in any-city USA it would be very, very discouraging, and I don't mean just the people who are filtered out as the funniest for jay walking with Leno or whatever.

Reaction Score
It's Al Sharpton, no?

Watters on O'Reilly does great interviews in this vein as well. Last night, filmed in Hartford, was hilarious.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Most citizens can't name the VP when asked. Many reside in the Cesspool.

It's a go to question for late night man on the street bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom