OT: Austin Calitro from Danbury signs 2yr deal with the 49ers | The Boneyard

OT: Austin Calitro from Danbury signs 2yr deal with the 49ers

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I just want to send a little love to a young man from my hometown who has defied all odds, at every level, to chase his dream. He was a good player in HS but barely recruited. Late in the game he got a Villanova scholly and ended up becoming a beast of a linebacker. He went undrafted but signed a FA deal with the Jets, who cut him 10days later. He got picked up by the Niners and today signed a 2yr deal after and Malcolm Smith tore his pec and is out for the season. Tough way to punch your ticket but all this kid has seemed to need is an opportunity and I hope he runs with it.

He was definitely a sleeper but PP's staff never even gave him a sniff. Here's his college reel, including a few highlights against UCONN under fiasco's tenure.

I don't know this kid personally but I've followed his story closely and wish we had found a way to have kept him home.

Reaction Score
As a UCONN fan and a Jet fan I can feel bad about this miss twice.

Just another example of why we should trust Edsall when we land a kid with a limited offer list. No doubt the linebacker position will soon be back to the outstanding level it attained under Edsall 1.0.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom