OT: Auburn Gymnast | The Boneyard

OT: Auburn Gymnast

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Her injury was as brutal as any of the football or basketball compound fractures over the past decade.

I can't imagine the pain she must have felt.

Double leg snap on a landing.

Not posting video.

Reaction Score
I watched it. Gnarly. Dislocated both kneecaps and tore multiple ligament in both knees.

Reaction Score
so much force and torque in those spinning jumps

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I watched it. Gnarly. Dislocated both kneecaps and tore multiple ligament in both knees.
I watched it too. Didn’t dislocate her kneecaps, she dislocated both her knees by hyperextending. Much worse trauma. Lots of ligaments to reconstruct, and there’s significant risk of nerve and vascular injury. You can actually lose your leg if that happens.

Reaction Score
I watched it too. Didn’t dislocate her kneecaps, she dislocated both her knees by hyperextending. Much worse trauma. Lots of ligaments to reconstruct, and there’s significant risk of nerve and vascular injury. You can actually lose your leg if that happens.
You're probably right, I was just quoting the release I read from her coach. It's a good thing she has her aerospace engineering degree to fall back on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Sounds like a definite career ender.

Reaction Score
I started to watch the video when it popped up in my news notifications.but decided not to see it, just the thought of those injuries made me queasy.
15 years of gymnastics lessons and now her biggest concern is just walking.
Very sad.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I had a family member that had something similar to this happen in to them in the 80’s. No sports ever again and multiple surgeries but has a normal walk. Sports medicine has advanced about 100years since then. That gymnast will be fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom