OT- Aubrey Dawkins Going Pro

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Isn’t he like 24? I think he has to go.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Great decision. I fully support it. I recommend that he hire an agent immediately - no sense equivocating on this one young fella - strike while the iron is hot! ;)

I see what you are doing there.

To be consistent, I'd prefer he stay and keep a narrative of high level talent being in the AAC. Conference needs all the positives it can get while Cincy keeps crapping the bed in March and UConn and Memphis are on road to recovery.

Reaction Score
He just had arguably the best game of his life, great move. UCF will definitely take a step back but assuming Coach Dawkins stays put they will be just fine.

Reaction Score
I don't actually think he had any eligibility left.

He took a transfer year and then a medical year, but to get a 6th year to play 4 you need 2 medical hardships, transfer doesn't count. At least as far as my understanding, transferring does not count as a "reason beyond his control" to lose a year (unless they made an exception because he transferred to play with his Dad?)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He took a transfer year and then a medical year, but to get a 6th year to play 4 you need 2 medical hardships, transfer doesn't count. At least as far as my understanding, transferring does not count as a "reason beyond his control" to lose a year (unless they made an exception because he transferred to play with his Dad?)

I'm not sure of the rule either, but that would be kind weird. If a kid's had a med hardship early, and then wants to transfer as a senior (and sit out), he can't?

Alternatively, if a kid transfers, then gets has a major injury later in his career, he loses the year of eligibility and doesn't get his sixth year?

Reaction Score
Tacko finished his senior year too if I recall. Two best players leaving, yah, they take a step back for sure.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Tacko finished his senior year too if I recall. Two best players leaving, yah, they take a step back for sure.

Which could make Tennessee more attractive to a coach like Dawkins. Even though they’ll lose their 2 best players as well.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Dawkins is amazing at all, he’s ok, not great not terrible. UCF is going to be terrible next year wiithout Tacko and football player BJ Taylor running into everyone trying to draw fouls, Dawkins and a great energy guy like Chad Brown.

I think Aubrey going pro means he’s going somewhere else.

Reaction Score
They are losing 3 good players:
BJ Taylor - first team All AAC
Dawkins - second team All AAC
Fall - third team All AAC

In total, they lose 5 out of their top 7 players. UCF is a rebuild next year.

With his son officially gone, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dawkins moves on in the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
Isn’t he like 24? I think he has to go.

He's 23, but if stayed another year he would be going into the draft at 24. It's the right move. I doubt he's going to change his stock to much . He finished strong and i suspect he hopes to roll that momentum into an opportunity. Kid's played thru a lot of injuries, but he may make an nba roster. He can shoot it.

Reaction Score
He's 23, but if stayed another year he would be going into the draft at 24. It's the right move. I doubt he's going to change his stock to much . He finished strong and i suspect he hopes to roll that momentum into an opportunity. Kid's played thru a lot of injuries, but he may make an nba roster. He can shoot it.
He will be 24 next month. He did a post grad year and then sat out a transfer year and then missed the next year due to injury.

Reaction Score
He will find a place in the NBA. Super athletic 6’6 shooting guard who can make tough shots and defend. The Duke game sold me on him being NBA ready.

Reaction Score
He better be NBA ready, since he'll be 24 on draft on night. He's older than guys like KAT and Porzingis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom