OT: At least we have NC's in multiple sports to look forward to each year | The Boneyard

OT: At least we have NC's in multiple sports to look forward to each year

Reaction Score
UConn faces MD on Sunday for the NC in women's field hockey after beating those cheating UNC fake class student athletes today.

If I'm not mistaken this would be number 5. :D

Three men's soccer NC's, and of course 15 men and women's BB National Championships makes me want to say this.

No matter what happens tomorrow night: SUCK IT BCU!

Reaction Score
UConn faces MD on Sunday for the NC in women's field hockey after beating those cheating UNC fake class student athletes today.

If I'm not mistaken this would be number 5. :D

Three men's soccer NC's, and of course 15 men and women's BB National Championships makes me want to say this.

No matter what happens tomorrow night: SUCK IT BCU!

You care about Field Hockey?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1) They're doomed. (You're welcome field hockey team.)

2) I pay at least a little attention to any UConn sport. Field hockey is one of the best programs in the country consistently. That's worth something. I think they are shooting for 4th natty. That doesn't suck.

3) Little known fact (though I have posted it before) I was at the 1981 natty. My roommate and I were our way back form the gym and saw a crowd so we wondered over just in time for the final whistle. Everyone ran out on the field so the both us looked at each other and took off. So there we are with the first ever NCAA Field Hockey national champions jumping up and down and hugging the players female fans, pretty much anyone. After the bit we wondered what was going on and didn't figure it until the next day and someone told us we were on the front page of the Daily Campus.

Reaction Score
Yup. I care about an athletic department that strives for excellence.

LOL

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and Boston College was bringing up field hockey success?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't understand. There would be no change if the roles were reversed. BCU would still suck.

Well they beat Florida State and Louisville and we gave up 70 to Memphis and lost to ECU.

Reaction Score
1) They're doomed. (You're welcome field hockey team.)

2) I pay at least a little attention to any UConn sport. Field hockey is one of the best programs in the country consistently. That's worth something. I think they are shooting for 4th natty. That doesn't suck.

3) Little known fact (though I have posted it before) I was at the 1981 natty. My roommate and I were our way back form the gym and saw a crowd so we wondered over just in time for the final whistle. Everyone ran out on the field so the both us looked at each other and took off. So there we are with the first ever NCAA Field Hockey national champions jumping up and down and hugging the players female fans, pretty much anyone. After the bit we wondered what was going on and didn't figure it until the next day and someone told us we were on the front page of the Daily Campus.

It would be the fifth NCAA field hockey championship for UConn. I've posted this before as well, but I was also at the 1981 field hockey championship. I was a student at UConn at the time. I just happened to be walking by Memorial Stadium, saw the game going on, and remembered that it was a national championship game. I stopped and watched the second half and the celebration afterwards. I did not know at the time that it was the first NCAA tournament championship that UConn ever won. It also remains the only field hockey game that I have ever seen in person.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
It would be the fifth field hockey championship for UConn. I've posted this before as well, but I was also at the 1981 field hockey championship. I was a student at UConn at the time. I just happened to be walking by the Memorial Stadium, saw the game going on, and remembered that it was a national championship game. I stopped and watched the second half and the celebration afterwards. I did not know at the time that it was the first NCAA tournament championship that UConn ever won. It also remains the only field hockey game that I have ever seen in person.
It also was the first NCAA field hockey championship ever.

Reaction Score
It would be the fifth field hockey championship for UConn. I've posted this before as well, but I was also at the 1981 field hockey championship. I was a student at UConn at the time. I just happened to be walking by Memorial Stadium, saw the game going on, and remembered that it was a national championship game. I stopped and watched the second half and the celebration afterwards. I did not know at the time that it was the first NCAA tournament championship that UConn ever won. It also remains the only field hockey game that I have ever seen in person.

Like I said it was the first NCAA tournament championship won by UConn. It was followed a couple of weeks later by UConn men's soccer winning the national championship. Winning two national championships in the same year was really an amazing accomplishment for UConn athletics at the time, considering the state of the athletic department at the time.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
I think you're misunderstanding me. The first time the NCAA held a field hockey National championship was in 1981 in Storrs. I think that's pretty cool, but definitely even more cool that we won it.

Reaction Score
I think you're misunderstanding me. The first time the NCAA held a field hockey National championship was in 1981 in Storrs. I think that's pretty cool, but definitely even more cool that we won it.

No misunderstanding at all. I knew that the the first NCAA field hockey championship was held in Storrs. I just ended up writing on something else, and I guess I caused you some confusion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No misunderstanding at all. I knew that the the first NCAA field hockey championship was held in Storrs. I just ended up writing on something else, and I guess I caused you some confusion.

Gentlemen - don’t forget your Centrum silver tablets. We want to make sure we keep these memories sharp and reduce confusion!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom