• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)

OT: Arbys killing it again!!!! The Sequel

August_West

Choose wisely.
I clued you all in on the wonders of Arbys pork belly months ago and have gotten PM after PM of thanks for the hot tip.

Well, Im here to tell you Arbys not resting on their laurels at all. They tackled the BBQ smokehouse world with aplomb, but were they finished? NOPE!

They are bringing the heat to the Greeks.

Arbys Gyro's!!! Im hear to give you the ADub 2 thumbs up endorsement. Go get one (or two like I did)

Arby's | Roast Beef Gyro

I clued you all in on the wonders of Arbys pork belly months ago and have gotten PM after PM of thanks for the hot tip.

Well, Im here to tell you Arbys not resting on their laurels at all. They tackled the BBQ smokehouse world with aplomb, but were they finished? NOPE!

Arbys Gyro's!!! Im hear to give you the ADub 2 thumbs up endorsement. Go get one (or two like I did)

Arby's | Roast Beef Gyro
I'm scared, A-Dub. I don't want to lose you like we lost Jerry.

Hans Sprungfeld

Too spicy for the Cesspool
I followed the first link and then clicked on the video of the Executive Chef. When he said it's the same way it's been marinated & cooked for 40 years, I consulted my memory. By then, I was looking at a still shot of some odd-textured meat product. Stuff scares me. I keep wondering if you're serious.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
But wait! There is more!

Arbys taking Chicago Italian Beef to the National stage!

Arby's | Chicago Style Beef Dip
"Au jus" means "with juice". Thus, "served with a side of au jus" translates to "served with a side of with juice" which even a Louisville grad would recognize as bad sentence construction.

Just make it "jus".

Btw, any coincidence that they're launching a sandwich to be dipped in jus during Passover?

Reminds me of an old joke about eating an orange which I'll update for this thread:
August was sitting on the steps in front of the temple eating an Arby's Chicago roast beef and all the jus came running out.

Arby's | Roast Beef Gyro
Lord knows you can't get a better gyro at the same price from every Greek diner or pizza shop in the tri-state area. Oh wait....yes, you can.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Lord knows you can't get a better gyro at the same price from every Greek diner or pizza shop in the tri-state area. Oh wait....yes, you can.
Good gyro requires the gyro cook to have two very specific things:
1. three day stubble
2. a stained white t-shirt, possibly with a stained white apron outside it.

August_West

Choose wisely.
Not true. I've has some terrible just terrible gyros from Greek diners. The Diner in old saybrook being example 1a I actually questioned if they were really Greek to the waitress when I sent it back.

You're missing the big picture. Pork belly at a top notch smokehouse is better than Arby's too. Al's and Mr beef in Chicago have better Italian beef. It's the fact that Arby's makes these eminently edible offerings in a fast food setting that is the score.

Straight up killing it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Wasn't great. Stewart must've had a bad experience with horsey sauce. He's a delicate hot house flower.
Look at all the free PR. He did them a huge favor.

Just imagine how many conservatives went running over there once it was announced as the Hannity of roast beef sandwiches. Yuge.

I might even try a gyro next time I'm in an area with only fast food options. Only 420 calories and since it actually has some vegetables, there's vitamins!

Not true. I've has some terrible just terrible gyros from Greek diners. The Diner in old saybrook being example 1a I actually questioned if they were really Greek to the waitress when I sent it back.

You're missing the big picture. Pork belly at a top notch smokehouse is better than Arby's too. Al's and Mr beef in Chicago have better Italian beef. It's the fact that Arby's makes these eminently edible offerings in a fast food setting that is the score.

Straight up killing it.
How did your meal go after questioning the waitress' Greekness? Did it taste a little funny?

Arby's | Roast Beef Gyro
Arby's is selling everything it seems. They are becoming the Walmart of fast food.

I prefer a little more culture love when getting a gyro. I'm just not sure if a teenager from inner city Hartford can make one the same way.

Pepe's pizza does not taste like Pizza Hut is all I'm saying.

August_West

Choose wisely.
Arby's is selling everything it seems. They are becoming the Walmart of fast food.

I prefer a little more culture love when getting a gyro. I'm just not sure if a teenager from inner city Hartford can make one the same way.

Pepe's pizza does not taste like Pizza Hut is all I'm saying.

Ah no. Arby's never overreaches. Things come and go for a limited time on the specialty menu ( for example pork belly gone now :::sad panda:: ) so they can maintain their exemplary meat craft standards.

August_West

Choose wisely.
"Au jus" means "with juice". Thus, "served with a side of au jus" translates to "served with a side of with juice" which even a Louisville grad would recognize as bad sentence construction.

Just make it "jus".

Btw, any coincidence that they're launching a sandwich to be dipped in jus during Passover?

Reminds me of an old joke about eating an orange which I'll update for this thread:
August was sitting on the steps in front of the temple eating an Arby's Chicago roast beef and all the jus came running out.
I know you sell " cafe Au lait with milk" at your fru fru coffee bar