OT: AP bias | The Boneyard

OT: AP bias

Reaction Score
Can we just have an open dialogue about the bias's of Ap voters? It literally must be who they watched on Tv the night before, and the schools in your area. (Which of course hurt Nebraska for both)

Nebraska is 11-2, 15th in Kenpom, 15th in offensive efficiency, 30th in defensive efficiency, 12th in NET rankings, beat Seton Hall by 23, Clemson on the road, Creighton by 20 at home, Oklahoma state by 23, lost to Texas Tech and Minnesota on the road.

Teams ranked ahead of them in alot of voters polls (David Borges included):

Seton Hall 10-3, 55th in Kenpom, 59th Off ., 69th in Def , 52nd in NET rankings, beat Kentucky by 1, beat St Johns (got screwed), lost to nebraska by 23, beat miami by 2, beat maryland by 4, lost to St. Louis and Louisville.

St. Johns 12-1, 51st in Kenpom, 38th Off ., 88th in Def ., 36th NET Rankings, lost to seton hall, best win is @ rutgers.

Oklahoma 11-1, 24th in Kenpom, 62nd Off , 8th in Def ., 18th in NET Rankings, lost to Wisconsin by 20, beat Creighton by 13, Notre Dame by 5, Northwestern by 11.

Penn (ranked by Borges) 10-3, 114th in Kenpom, 146th Off ., 95th in Def , 78th in NET Rankings, beat Nova, lost to Miami, Toledo, and Oregon State.

Iowa 11-2, 41st in Kenpom, 20th Off , 103rd in Def , 35th in NET Rankings, Wins over Oregon, Iowa State, and Uconn, losses to Michigan State and Wisconsin.

Mississippi State (ranked 19th) 12-1, 21st in Kenpom, 18th in Off , 46th in Def , 19th in NET Rankings, beat clemson at home, cincinnati at home, byu at home, lost to arizona state.

Here is my rankings, lmk what you think..

1) Duke
2) Michigan
3) Tennessee
4) Virginia
5) Kansas
6) Nevada
7) Gonzaga
8) Michigan State
9) Texas Tech
10) Florida State
11) Virginia Tech
12) Auburn
13) UNC
14) Ohio State
15) Kentucky
16) Nebraska
17) NC State
18) Indiana
19) Miss. State
20) Marquette
21) Buffalo
22) Oklahoma
23) Iowa
24) Houston
25) Louisville

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The polls stink right now and will until more games are played. It's the same every year. If Nebraska takes care of business in the Big Ten it will be fine.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The polls stink right now and will until more games are played. It's the same every year. If Nebraska takes care of business in the Big Ten it will be fine.
Agreed. Although I couldn't care less about the Big Ten and I have Penn State almost in my backyard. the polls is strange so far. I could be wrong, but it is hard to believe Furmon and Buffalo in the T25. I probably not being fair. Looking at my Direct TV application everyday it sure looks like cupcake city. Although a few good tournament games. Honestly I do not think the AP is going into detail as the OP did. Conference play will tell the story. Nova got beat by a couple of teams who were not worthy of carrying the name "Cupcake". I thought Nova should of fallen off the T25 weeks ago. If not the first two weeks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Meh
The polls mean absolutely nothing right now
Wait until league play starts and in late February lets see who is still standing
Nevada and Zaga have the best chance of going unbeaten and/or suffering minimal losses
ACC and Big10 teams will beat the crap out of each other but will suffer the least as far as the voters are concerned
The Big East will be the conference who will see the biggest overall decline - St Johns has played nobody, Seton Hall is a flash in the pan and Nova will find it difficult this year. Creighton is the sleeper
It should be pretty wide open overall

Reaction Score
Meh
The polls mean absolutely nothing right now
Wait until league play starts and in late February lets see who is still standing
Nevada and Zaga have the best chance of going unbeaten and/or suffering minimal losses
ACC and Big10 teams will beat the crap out of each other but will suffer the least as far as the voters are concerned
The Big East will be the conference who will see the biggest overall decline - St Johns has played nobody, Seton Hall is a flash in the pan and Nova will find it difficult this year. Creighton is the sleeper
It should be pretty wide open overall
And the aac led by UConn....

(One can hope.....)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Easily the best thing about the Boneyard is the Boneyard Jinx.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom