OT: Anyone get Elton John tickets for XL Center? | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone get Elton John tickets for XL Center?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I missed the pre-sale last week and have been trying this morning during the general on-sale with no luck at all. Surprised me. Trying to get two tickets for my wife and one of my daughters to go (I love Elton and have seen him before; they love him a little more and daughter has never seen him). Curious whether anyone else had better luck. I'm guessing they may add another show if it truly sold out so quickly.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I missed the pre-sale last week and have been trying this morning during the general on-sale with no luck at all. Surprised me. Trying to get two tickets for my wife and one of my daughters to go (I love Elton and have seen him before; they love him a little more and daughter has never seen him). Curious whether anyone else had better luck. I'm guessing they may add another show if it truly sold out so quickly.

Yes. Got 3 on presale.

There will be re releases. Always is. They hold back to put on secondary market.

Reaction Score
I live about 10 minutes from the XL center. It is almost always easy to score tickets outside at Showtime. People with extras just want to go in and not miss part of the show, so they sell their extra tickets for face value or less. Even the scalpers get very reasonable once it becomes a buyers market.

I went to the Dead and Co. the night before Thanksgiving and grabbed a $150 ticket for $50 at Showtime. I wound up about 25' from John Mayer. I am not necessarily advocating that your wife and daughter do this alone, but I bet the three of you could score reasonable tickets right before the start of the show.

I will probably use the same approach for this concert as I have only seen Elton once before and would like to see him again.

Reaction Score
John Mayer photo taken with my cellphone.
20171122_210715.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I live about 10 minutes from the XL center. It is almost always easy to score tickets outside at Showtime. People with extras just want to go in and not miss part of the show, so they sell their extra tickets for face value or less. Even the scalpers get very reasonable once it becomes a buyers market.

I went to the Dead and Co. the night before Thanksgiving and grabbed a $150 ticket for $50 at Showtime. I wound up about 25' from John Mayer. I am not necessarily advocating that your wife and daughter do this alone, but I bet the three of you could score reasonable tickets right before the start of the show.

I will probably use the same approach for this concert as I have only seen Elton once before and would like to see him again.
Yeah, I've been big on the walk up purchase on show night since I was a kid and first started going to concerts, and the thrill of it is still something I enjoy. But the idea behind this is a birthday present for my daughter, and her birthday is several months before the show, so the preference is to have tickets in hand.

We may very well end up going the other route though.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"I am not a senior citizen"

LMAO. Enjoy the show.

Reaction Score
Saw him at the XL Center (then the Civic Center) I believe in 1983. Excellent performance. Enjoy the show.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"I am not a senior citizen"

LMAO. Enjoy the show.
Your continued celebration of your ignorance is cute. I'm glad we can both enjoy it; although I think you will ultimately enjoy it less, should you live long enough to be wise.

Oh well, I'm not going but I'm sure I'd enjoy seeing him again if I did. I'll tell my (even younger) wife and 16 year old to ask for the AARP discount.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your continued celebration of your ignorance is cute. I'm glad we can both enjoy it; .

The reason I got tickets is at the request of my 16 year old.

Jalen Adams and Mad Posters

Sons of @nelsonmuntz (s) and sons of @businesslawyer (s)

We don’t know if it’s dark outside or if it’s light.

(friendlessj grows his own seeds in seattle city)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom