OT: Anyone at the Coaches Road Show Last Night? | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone at the Coaches Road Show Last Night?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I wanted to go but couldn't make it. Anyone shoot the breeze with Randy? First impressions on Hurley?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Got to meet Coach Edsall. Heard some feedback on the lack of a spring game, and his plans for something to invest in the fans. From a player program perspective, he can get the spring work done and have the kids rehabbing and building earlier in the year, to get them in a better place for the fall.

Was really excited to hear that they still try to get local coaches in to help develop the youth and high school players and programs. Continue to build the game.

Hurley is smart, personable, and has a great wit. Will be defense first, tough defense. His comment about who to call regarding rebounding issues brought a laugh.

Was awesome to see the lineup of coaches there, from Coach Stevens to Coach Penders. AD Dave reminded us of the academic prowess, we have so many athletes that are putting up great academic scores as well. Geno put the reminder out, we are supporting the program - all of us from all walks of life. Give if you can, if you can't give, then show up and fill the stadium. It all matters.

I left wanting to get to more games in more sports next year.

Reaction Score
I went last night. Awesome event. The coaches/AD Dave worked the crowd for an hour, having open and frank conversations. Then Bob Joyce moderated an hour long Q&A. Its clear they all genuinely work well together. I've been on the fence about season tickets -- now I think I'm going to take the leap.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but is Mike DiMauro just bad with maps or bad with maps and math?

Once again, our flagship university doesn't believe we count

New London County population 273k + Middlesex County 154k = 427k and note, much of the Middlesex County pop can easily attend Glastonbury or Branford. Meanwhile Branford is in New Haven County with a pop of 860k. And, Branford is 50 mins from Mystic, 57 mins from Stonington or 1hr from Norwich. Hardly a super big deal to drive the hour to Branford.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but is Mike DiMauro just bad with maps or bad with maps and math?

New London County population 273k + Middlesex County 154k = 427k and note, much of the Middlesex County pop can easily attend Glastonbury or Branford. Meanwhile Branford is in New Haven County with a pop of 860k. And, Branford is 50 mins from Mystic, 57 mins from Stonington or 1hr from Norwich. Hardly a super big deal to drive the hour to Branford.

There’s also frequent UConn emphasis at middlesex chamber of commerce stuff

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

The day probably wouldn't comp him the mileage to Branford.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, Penders said UConn would miss Herbst. Said she was great for athletics.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Went last night in Stamford. Edsall said that the 3 redshirt frosh OL, are expected be in the top 8 OL. Very high on them.

So that means Edsall's eight would be
1) Van Demark,
2) Cespedes
3) Crozier
4) DeGeorge
5) Peart

6) Holmes
7) Hubbard
8) Tunstall

the others:
9) Leone
10) Campbell
11) Newman - WO
12) Bovicini -WO
13) Nyadu - freshman
14) Rooney - freshman
15) Haynes - freshman
16) Niedrowski - freshman
17) Casey - freshman WO

I suppose Rooney could get a look at DL. I recall his twitter handle noted he was a UConn OL/DL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom