OT: Any American Outlaw members here? | The Boneyard

OT: Any American Outlaw members here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I guess they have close to 200 chapters now. Started in Nebraska. My buddies bar, The Tavern downtown, now hosts the Hartford Chapter.

Makes me think the Boneyard, should start some viewing parties too. We could rotate at the 500 pizza parlors in our favorite thread.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I have been thinking we should get together somewhere to watch the game versus Michigan that is on AXS TV (that most of us probably don't get). This is a BIG GAME. The night before Thanksgiving @ 9:30...don't have to get up (at least to go to work). GemParty organized one at City Steam while ago which was fun (but not a good outcome, unfortunately). We had our own room there. I'm sure that there are other places that might work as well or better. And if not then, some other time could be fun.

GemParty

Reaction Score
You would think with all of us talking & reading each other weekly there would be more regular gatherings for the locals.

Especially on road games. Lots of times Alum groups host stuff like viewing parties. Maybe we could tie into one for Greater Hartford. The Michigan game, is a perfect example.

Ironically, that's the team that beat us back when I hosted City Steam, a few years back. It's our turn for payback. No one was punched in the throat by Fishy that day.

Reaction Score
Sounds good. Would love to attend one of these. Not for the Michigan game tho. The Grand ballroom for that one!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm an AO member but a silent one. Two kids, not much time for viewing parties.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Was at the Tavern watch for the Mexico match. It was a good time. You have to take the initiative @GemParty and start small. Say were all going to be at X location for Y away game and just show up. Hope its a half a dozen people and the next time twice as many. I'm in for the inaugural.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You would think with all of us talking & reading each other weekly there would be more regular gatherings for the locals.

Why in god's name would you want to meet any of these degenerates?

I still haven't recovered from meeting @Dove a few years ago.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Is the Michigan game on AXS tv a standard bar channel on Directv?

I'm pretty sure the night before Thanksgiving is a busy happy hour day, but the games at 9:30. Some will be preparing for the holiday or traveling too.

Dogbreath2U & OkaforPrez- are you guys interested in meeting at Sliders in Berlin that night? They have great food, craft beers, & lots of TVs.

Maybe others will join us with some announcement of the WATCH, especially with it being on such a strange channel.

I'll meet you guys!

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure the night before Thanksgiving is a busy happy hour day, but the games at 9:30. Some will be preparing for the holiday or traveling too.

Dogbreath2U & OkaforPrez- are you guys interested in meeting at Sliders in Berlin that night? They have great food, craft beers, & lots of TVs.

Maybe others will join us with some announcement of the WATCH, especially with it being on such a strange channel.

I'll meet you guys!
I would definitely go. Sliders is only a couple miles from me.

Reaction Score

I'll meet you guys!
For the 21-30 crowd the night before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest going out nights of the year as people return home. A lot of bars are pretty packed.

GemParty

Reaction Score
For the 21-30 crowd the night before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest going out nights of the year as people return home. A lot of bars are pretty packed.
Luckily Sliders is more sports bar. It wouldn't be a good idea, at one of those combo nightclub/bars like a Blackbear.

Reaction Score
Luckily Sliders is more sports bar. It wouldn't be a good idea, at one of those combo nightclub/bars like a Blackbear.
It's a good spot. I'm not too far away in Glastonbury I'll be in touch.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Let me see if I can get Fishy or a mod to pin a post.

GemParty

Reaction Score
*** see the GAME WATCH roll call thread. It will be pinned closer to the date.

Reaction Score
I guess they have close to 200 chapters now. Started in Nebraska. My buddies bar, The Tavern downtown, now hosts the Hartford Chapter.

Makes me think the Boneyard, should start some viewing parties too. We could rotate at the 500 pizza parlors in our favorite thread.

AO Hartford Chapter President chiming in, die hard Husky and UConn grad - don't post much here but read as much as I can.

Would love to set up viewing parties for UConn games, if there's a demand for it I could definitely make an arrangement with the Tavern Downtown or surrounding bars in regards to specials and television access. Over the first 5 years of our existence in Hartford we've grown from 15 to 500 *paid* members - with a commitment to host viewing parties for each USNT game. Now I'm not suggesting we create a paid supporters club but my point is that the demand in Hartford is there to get together and watch games.

As for AO Hartford - all are always welcome - don't even have to love soccer. Good people, cheap beer and a great time !

GemParty

Reaction Score
AO Hartford Chapter President chiming in, die hard Husky and UConn grad - don't post much here but read as much as I can.

Would love to set up viewing parties for UConn games, if there's a demand for it I could definitely make an arrangement with the Tavern Downtown or surrounding bars in regards to specials and television access. Over the first 5 years of our existence in Hartford we've grown from 15 to 500 *paid* members - with a commitment to host viewing parties for each USNT game. Now I'm not suggesting we create a paid supporters club but my point is that the demand in Hartford is there to get together and watch games.

As for AO Hartford - all are always welcome - don't even have to love soccer. Good people, cheap beer and a great time !
Thanks, I will check AO out at the Taveren in the future.

Check out the GAME WATCH thread if you can join us at Sliders for the Michigan game. Trying to avoid the nightclubs on a unquie night. What's your name?

Reaction Score
Thanks, I will check AO out at the Taveren in the future.

Check out the GAME WATCH thread if you can join us at Sliders for the Michigan game. Trying to avoid the nightclubs on a unquie night. What's your name?

Will do, Michigan being on the "biggest bar night of the year" makes Sliders a good option, downtown should be packed. Newington location?

My name is Tom, contact info for myself and the chapter can be found here! http://www.aohartford.org/contact.html

Hope to see some of you guys at the Tavern!
Unite & Strengthen

GemParty

Reaction Score
Will do, Michigan being on the "biggest bar night of the year" makes Sliders a good option, downtown should be packed. Newington location?

My name is Tom, contact info for myself and the chapter can be found here! http://www.aohartford.org/contact.html

Hope to see some of you guys at the Tavern!
Unite & Strengthen
Yes, RSVP in the GAME thread. Berlin Sliders- should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom