OT: Another group of women getting... | The Boneyard

OT: Another group of women getting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if they should be paid or not, but isn't this employment voluntary? I know a Jets cheerleader and she has a full time job in an unrelated business. She just does the cheerleading for the love of it and the exposure opportunity. True, it doesn't pay jack, but they get to do stuff like go to all the Jets football games, go to exotic locations for photo shoots (and they don't pay their own air fare to Tahiti), etc. And they hope to get noticed for modeling or media opportunities from the results of those photo shoots (calendars, etc.) (ref. Jenn Sterger of Brett Favre notoriety.)

It never occurred to me that any of these women were actually doing this as their primary means of making a living, but what do I know? I did notice in the video that "hundreds of women try out". Why? It didn't look like an unemployment line. ???

I'm not taking a stand against the lawsuits - just trying to understand...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Cheerleaders are not an essential part of the game, other wise there wouldn't be 7 teams without a squad. If teams are forced to pay minimum wage to them, only the most iconic will survive, if that. The wide spread use of the HD Video Boards is rendering human cheerleaders obsolete.

What gets you more hyped up for a 3rd down: The video board or the T & A you may or may not see out of the corner of your eye? No one actively looks for the cheerleaders for cues on how to act at any point of the game?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What are they worth? To the NFL or most sports fans? Pretty much nothing. Can't remember the last time I saw cheerleaders on TV. I keep forgetting teams even have them. IMO, any money spent on them is a waste. There is no reason I can think of to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom