Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Got any news on Camden, New Jersey?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Riverfest is cancelled due to lack of funding....you know, with millions of dollars sitting in an unfinished, empty stadium.

Riverfest Canceled After Hartford, East Hartford Pull Funding

Oh, and another person got shot. #ShotSpotterMonday

Man Shot In Side In Hartford, Police Said
The state pulled a fast one with Riverfest. Riverfest is paid for by private donations riverfront recapture and the towns and state provide police protection. The towns are already scrapped because of cuts in state funding. Now today the state police said they were going to bill the towns for the State Police protection this year. The towns decided they couldn't afford the cost.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you have this fascination with putting Hartford down at every opportunity. Did the mayor do something to you?
It's a dumpster fire. Millions spent for an almist finished ballpark that should have never been built in the first place. Not even served by the $660 million busway to and from nowhere.

Reaction Score
It's funny to think that the stadium is a drop in the bucket compared to the waste of money that the bus way is.

Reaction Score
What's uncalled for and rude isn't so much his comment as it is your casually referencing a shooting so that you can make jokes about Hartford. These are real lives...

You're probably right. They happen so frequently, I am probably desensitized and calloused to them at this point.

Reaction Score
The state pulled a fast one with Riverfest. Riverfest is paid for by private donations riverfront recapture and the towns and state provide police protection. The towns are already scrapped because of cuts in state funding. Now today the state police said they were going to bill the towns for the State Police protection this year. The towns decided they couldn't afford the cost.

I suspect many of you have figured out what is happening, but the Courant will not put it in print.
Our illustrious governor and legislature is sendin the taxpayers a message. Rather than looking for expense cuts through efficiencies they are cutting high profile
Activities that impact a lot of taxpayers. Hence cuts to things like Riverfest, parks and lifeguards etc. Meanwhile after Illinois spent the DMV is still a case study in how not to serve the taxpayer. Was downtown at 5:30 this week for something other than a basketball or hockey game. Several of the elongated fast track buses passed by with no more than 3 or 4 people max. Have they cut back on any of those?

Reaction Score
What's uncalled for and rude isn't so much his comment as it is your casually referencing a shooting so that you can make jokes about Hartford. These are real lives...

Yeah, I thought more about this one on the ride in today.

I decided that the internet is pretty much used for 2 things. Free p0rn and boorish people saying insensitive things. Pull up just about any article out there and go to the comments section. It's the world we live in. I think my thread titles are pretty clearly identifiable and you choose to click in on them again....and again.

So, my point here is....get off your high horse and just stick to the free p0rn part.

Reaction Score
So Hartford isn't unlike many other cities in any state anywhere - budget issues, crime, deteriorating educational system and ideas to revitalize the urban core that are misguided.

What's the new news?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suspect many of you have figured out what is happening, but the Courant will not put it in print.
Our illustrious governor and legislature is sendin the taxpayers a message. Rather than looking for expense cuts through efficiencies they are cutting high profile
Activities that impact a lot of taxpayers. Hence cuts to things like Riverfest, parks and lifeguards etc. Meanwhile after Illinois spent the DMV is still a case study in how not to serve the taxpayer. Was downtown at 5:30 this week for something other than a basketball or hockey game. Several of the elongated fast track buses passed by with no more than 3 or 4 people max. Have they cut back on any of those?
Riverfest is funded by Hartford and East Hartford, right. I'm not sure that the governor or the legislature have anything to do with it.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Riverfest is funded by Hartford and East Hartford, right. I'm not sure that the governor or the legislature have anything to do with it.

State funds were also pulled. State, Hartford and East Hartford all funded Riverfront Recapture and I'm pretty sure all three pulled funding this year

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Also, if you're gonna cut something, I suppose that a $100k fireworks display is probably a good place to start. Couldn't believe how expensive that was...

Reaction Score

One of the state reductions was in aid to town after they had balanced their own budgets. While Hartford is already bankrupt in reality, the state redux further deepened the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom