OT: Another AAU Taking Over from High School Sports Recruiting Story | The Boneyard

OT: Another AAU Taking Over from High School Sports Recruiting Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AAU has been the place to look for players in the 14 to 18 age group for a lot more than 4 years. Geno has lamented the lack of Fundamentals learned in the AAU system--it appears that many in that system are like Svetlana Abrasomosa--I can shoot why do I have to play defense??--or dribble or pass properly.
It is not a huge step to know that coaches of AAu-HS -or CYO will hold "sway" over these kids choices of Colleges.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The issue I think has to do with time and money - more coaches are recruiting regionally and nationally, and getting to the big AAU events where you can see 100s of prospects in one weekend, while getting around to specific HS takes much more time while catching only one or two possible recruits. I doubt any coach however is skipping HS visits for the players they have identified as top prospects.

Reaction Score
The issue I think has to do with time and money - more coaches are recruiting regionally and nationally, and getting to the big AAU events where you can see 100s of prospects in one weekend, while getting around to specific HS takes much more time while catching only one or two possible recruits. I doubt any coach however is skipping HS visits for the players they have identified as top prospects.

I would suspect the choice is which coach (AAU/HS) hold the most "sway" over these kids .
As has been posted above: The ability to see many, i.e., the greatest bang for the buck is the AAU Draw.

Reaction Score
Exactly. I noticed it changing in the early '90s following my daughter around the country. It's the only place for the better players to face any competition. The coaches still show up at a few HS games for PR and to show the attention that this generation of players and parents need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom